Would this bother you too?

I hate it when (friends, not people in general so i KNOW them) buy name brand stuff for themselves (Pantene, Aveeno, Herbal Essences etc) and then buy generic diapers, shampoo, lotion etc when it makes their kids break out (skin rashes, diaper rashes etc)and they know it, but buy the cheapie stuff anyways THEN go and buy 2 $60 cartons of cigs and complain about how theyre broke after all is said and done. And they still whine about how they cant buy their kids clothes and go to the Salvation Army (ours is JUST NASTY. i know some have nice stuff but ours sucks). Would this bother you too? I actually quit talking to about 10 or so of my friends over this.

shortycmlb

Asked by shortycmlb at 4:54 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• oh, yes, that bothers me ! thats crazy, I spend so much money to buy good diapers for my baby, earth friendly, organic and all natural products and food for him, I don't care what kind of shampoo I use, actually, i just use the soap I get from the food bank.!! As for the clothes, i dont have to spend money because his grand parents came to visit us and bought a lot of cute, brand new clothes for him, and also we have a very good community closet were i live, we just exchange baby clothes that are still great and not nasty.
    kokomaman

Answer by kokomaman at 5:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't really consider the things you listed as name-brand...

But I do have problems with people who smoke, drink, buy lotto and can't afford to get their kids the things they need to live comfortably.(no rushes!)
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 4:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Wow 10 of your friends? What kind of people were you friends with????
    Anonymous

• Generic does not always mean crappy. My daughter wears generic diapers because they're fragrance free and do not give her rashes like the name-brand ones. And I but $10 shampoo for myself. So what? She is always clothed and fed and has a home. What does that matter to you what other people do?
    Anonymous

• They have their priorities mixed up. Apparently their wants come before their childrens needs. Yes, it would bother me, greatly.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 4:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Rashes*
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• not very good people, apparently. I was very disappointed because we were all teen moms but it seems like only me and one other girl are putting our priorities in order >.< I have 2 kids and my hubby makes less than one girl does in a month (she has one kid) and we STILL find a way to buy our kids the stuff they need w/o any bad reactions...
    shortycmlb

Comment by shortycmlb (original poster) at 5:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It makes me feel bad for their babies.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Anon. when they whine about how their kids have rashes from their diapers but in their hand is a newport, then i have an issue. i get ALOT of generic stuff myself but if it causes a bad reaction wouldnt you switch brands??
    shortycmlb

Comment by shortycmlb (original poster) at 5:40 PM on May. 16, 2011