Another "work from home" question

I browsed the work from home questions so don't tell me to look there.. been there done that.

It's Monday, I am bitchy, just lost my 3rd job in 3 months due to budget cuts or layoffs, so excuse me if I come across as rude.. today sucks!

So here is the facts:
I don't want to sell things via party (avon, candles, adult toys, spa ect are out)
I don't want to PAY to get a job (that reads scam imo)
I don't want to get stuck in a scam via pyramid
I don't have a medical or legal degree to type up transcripts
I'm not looking at CEO Mom of the year companies (too much drama from another post I just read)

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wish we could thumbs up questions!!! I will be watching for good answers to this one.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• This may not be what you want to hear, but try to place an ad on Craigslist offering babysitting. I did, it was about 6 months before I heard anything. Many parents now are willing to go a little further out of their way if the cost is cheap enough. I keep a set of twins, I bring in about 600 a month.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 5:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Not much else out there....how about babysitting??
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 4:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Should have mentioned that one too. Thanks for bringing it up. ;-)

I live 20 minutes from the nearest small town and don't have any year round neighbors with kids to babysit.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Do you freelance? Can you do any kind of consulting (are you specialized in a certain area)? Any hobbies you can turn into a paycheck? Willing to babysit? Houseclean?
    Anonymous

• Cashcrate you can answer surveys and get paid per survey. By no means is it a get rich thing but it brings in a little extra cash and you can do it as often as you want. I do it as often as possible. Anything helps. Sorry you're having a shitty time, Good luck!

http://www.cashcrate.com/2702030

-lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 5:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know you don't want to sell via a party program... but have you honestly tried eBay? There are tons of people out there that have taken eBay and created their own home-based business. It's easy, and it's quick money. Honestly, it's where I have made the most money so far. I've done medical transcription, I've done the party programs. I also do freelance writing from time to time, but seriously, nothing compares to eBay. Start by selling small items from around your house to get the feel of it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I can't sell anything in my home because 90% of what is here isn't mine, it belongs to the rest of the family. If it were up to me I'd be rich and this house would be empty.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't mean to sound or come off as rude, but you're listing everything you DON'T want, what about what you'd be willing to do? Maybe you should go check out odesk.com and VIPdesk.com both of which are free lancing sites. You might also consider checking out workathomenoscams.com , you may have to do some site surfing but there are actual jobs on there. Good luck, hope you find something!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 6:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing, and a little medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about job searching

Answer by rkoloms at 8:43 PM on May. 16, 2011