IUD question .....

ok so i know i am not pregnant but the question is about every 3 to 6 months or so i get the symptoms. The sickness, craving, a little cramping so i take a test to ease my mind and NEG. which is a good thing but dang it stresses me out. So i wanted to know if this was happening to anyone else with an IUD (mirena)
Thanks

Ericha7

Asked by Ericha7 at 4:57 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• I had the IUD, but didn't have that problem. I did get pregnant while on it so be careful.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:59 PM on May. 16, 2011

• did with me my pms were stronger and i think its because the mirena has hormones in it like the pill
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 4:59 PM on May. 16, 2011

• YES! I was getting the exact same thing but I would get them every month, right around the time I was due for a period. I didn't have a period for almost two years, but the hormones will cause the symptoms. Eventually I got mine removed and then I got pregnant. :-)
    Anonymous

• I had similar problems with it... i don't know why it would happen but.. it was always a neg pregnancy test.. i got it taken out and i got pregnant soon after.. i had a miscarriage 8 weeks in to it.. i ended up pregnant again.. 6 months later.
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• um RelaxedMom2-3 Was it in properly or how did the doctors figure you got preggy. Just curious i have 3 kids and can't afford more right now. Thanks for all the answers.
    Ericha7

Comment by Ericha7 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It had came out of place. They say if it comes out of place it is not effective. After I had that baby I got my tubes tied. Lol
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 5:08 PM on May. 16, 2011