Would you forgo fame to be with your one true love?

Seems Adele feels that way ~

"But here's the catch-22 of success: this new level of fame comes as a result of the great art that came from heartbreak, and as her lyrics show, she'd have done anything to avoid that pain. And those words don't just capture a moment in time, not just the immediate regret of a failed relationship. As she tells Out Magazine, she'd still do anything for that relationship, that love of her life to have worked out -- even give up the resulting fame.

"I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for not making my relationship with my ex on 21 work, because he's the love of my life," she says, before adding that she would have been willing to give up everything for him. Everything? "Well, I would still be singing in the shower, of course, but yeah -- my career, my friendships, my hobbies. I would have given up trying to be the best."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/16/adele-talks-21-and-loving_n_862504.html

tasches

Asked by tasches at 5:08 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Fame only lasts for so long, you have to "carry" a certain persona, the public can make you or break you.... Give me true love over money/fame any day.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• fame and "trying to be the best" are two different things
    i think this girl is confusing those two things does anyone agree?
    also fame can come from who you know, money, and not always great art or heartbreak
    my personally belief is there is NEVER a catch 22 or you can never be STUCK to make one decision or the other
    i believe there is always an answer to EVERYTHING
    this is a loaded question cuz it all so much depends!
    i DO regret some things ive done so i can see where she is coming from but if i had any doubts about this guy i would have no regrets.
    also, reaching self-actualization like it seems this lady has, i would NOT exchange being with a loved one for this.
    i rather reach my full potential FIRST, and THEN find a mate
    i think she feels like ok, im perfectly happy with myself, now what...and wants the guy now that shes ready
    but at the time of the breakup she wasnt capable of carrying on the burden of a relationship
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 6:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i sure would in a heart beat.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 6:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• But of course
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 7:15 PM on May. 16, 2011