Praying before bed?

i have recently been praying quietly to myself every night before i go to bed but the last few days, i've fallen asleep before i can even finish! i wake up and realize i passed out in the middle! any of you tired mamas ever done this?

flamingomegs

Asked by flamingomegs at 5:08 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have fell asleep talking to God and when meditating.

I have wondered if I am boring God and s/he just puts me to sleep to get me to shut up ... LMAO!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 5:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yep, and more often than not I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Many times, I have started sitting up when I pray that helps allot.
    MomaMegan

Answer by MomaMegan at 5:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes. I also get distracted. I've cut the prayer down a bit so it isn't as long and drawn out. I recite the prayer, and get to the point.
    Anonymous

• I was a Christian as a child and would fall asleep praying at night. I would wake up and panic lol. I would kneel at the side of my bed and finish will a lil apology for drifting off and then go back to sleep.

ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah all the time.I lay there and talk about my day or things i need to change and before I know it Im waking up so I must fall asleep lol
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 6:07 PM on May. 16, 2011

• lol. All the time.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• What a way to fall asleep!
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• While I am not a mother (yet), I have also gone to sleep while praying. It is important to have a relationship with God, but He does know your heart. I was taught to pray whenever I couldn't sleep. My mother told me to pray for, by name, everybody I knew. I don't see anything wrong with it. Falling asleep while praying won't send you to hell.
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 8:39 AM on May. 18, 2011