Baby's Hospital Bag

I'm hopefully going to be induced on Tuesday if things go according to plan at my doctors visit and I have my bag packed but I'm not sure what to pakc fopr the baby besides her coming home outfit. Any suggestions??

patientlyw8ing

Asked by patientlyw8ing at 2:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A couple of newborn diapers?? But they give you those at the hospital too! So actually, I think the outfit is all you need! And a hat if it's cold where you are. Actually, they gave me a cute little knit hat at the hospital too. They even gave me a receiving blanket, a snot sucker, and a thermometer! They just load you up on gear before you go home.
    So yeah, I think just the outfit and a hat (in case), and pack well for yourself.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I didn't pack anything, they gave me everything I needed in the hospital and we didn't stay all that long.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 2:43 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i brought my own bottle and formula(no bashing please i really dont want to hear it) socks for baby and the outfit, at our hospitals they give you diapers but i also brought my own, a hat and blankets, receiving included.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• really nothign else.. teh hospital usually send you home with soem goodies. make sure you got warm clothes and blankets tho its cold outside....well it is here in chicago...but i think all hospitals will send ya with soem diapers formula and even a diaper bag they might give you
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 2:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ooh, and if you find a breast pump is out of your financial reach- they might be able to help you with that too (talk to the lactation consultant). That was the coolest thing, thank you State-Of-Wisconsin!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 2:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008