OMG! Pins in Cupcakes... Seriously, if this were my kid, he would beg to stay in Juvy!

SANDYCREEK TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- State police said two middle school students are facing charges after they put pins into cupcakes that were meant to be eaten by their classmates.

According to police reports, the two juveniles are students at Franklin Middle School in Sandycreek Township, Venango County.

The police report said the boys put the pins into the treats and also spit on the cupcakes that had been made by other students and were about to be eaten.

School Principal Dale Ishman told Channel 4 Action News' Bob Mayo that the cupcakes were made in a home economics class on May 2 and tampered with on the same day. The issue was reported on May 3.

Ishman said the treats were prepared for a May 4 going away party for a student teacher and no one ate or was about to eat them.

A spokesman for Franklin Area School District said that at no time were the students or anyone else in danger.

The school district also said that it was other students who reported the boys' actions to the principal, who then called police.

The juveniles are facing a number of charges, including simple assault.

Read more:
http://www.wtae.com/news/27906684/detail.html#ixzz1MYHsRD00

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:11 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Ok, so I have to make it a question...

How's this - What would you do if it were you kid? What if your kid were in the class?

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 5:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If that was my child I would be devestated- I have no idea how I would react. If my kid was in the class I would just be happy he wasn't the one who did it!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 5:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would be mad but I am glad the school caught it. I would be even more upset had no one caught it and someone actually got hurt. If it were my kids they would get the beating of their life (okay not really beating, just a lecture) and they would have to make a brand new batch to take into class along with writing an essay that HAS to be read to the class on why it was wrong.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My children know better and would be to scared to do something like that, because after they came home, they have a dad, grandparents and aunts and uncles that would guarantee they never saw life before 18 without some sort of escort holding their hands everywhere they went.

My child being in that classroom....well they didn't eat it, so what am I supposed to do. I would want the boys disciplined and it would have to fit the crime.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 5:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I hope they are punished severely! They are old enough to know better & know what the possible consequences would be if someone had been injured. If that was in MY child's classroom, I would not accept any less than a rest of the year suspension, criminal charges (at least community service) & a written apology to each student by the little punks!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I realize that children cannot think things through, but this is ridiculous! I hope the judge gives them community service somewhere that they can learn kindness and compassion, because obviously its not being taught at home! It's sad, their troubled, the principal probably was tired of dealing with them and thought that they needed to be taught a lesson. I would be so disheartened and disappointed if my child did this, after all I have taught him as a child.

If my son were in the class I would be relieved nobody was injured and no cupcakes were served. I feel sorry for the teacher too. He or she will probably never be able to bake anything else as a result of this!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 5:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Considering that I just finished my student teaching experience and being that I am 6/7 months pregnant, I would have been absolutely furious that students would want to harm another human being. I think they need to realize how much damage they truley could have done to someone else!!

Also to parents out there, teachers are not all perfect.. we all know this.. but neither are the students.. Word out.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 6:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Wouldn't be my kid. Mine are safe at home being homeschooled enjoying it very much.
    Anonymous

• wow, i'd seriously be beyond pissed if my kids ever pulled that.. i agree, they'd WISH for juvy or what i would do.

if my kids were the classmates.. well those kids better be happy there are cops and steal bars between me and them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I hope they get the strongest punishment the school can give and then get sentenced to baking classes and cupcake making (without non food items) as an apology.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:44 AM on May. 17, 2011