How do I tell my kids that I'm having another baby?

I just found out the other day that I'm 4 weeks pregnant. and my kids ages are 12,11,9 and I'm not sure how to tell them and I'm kinda worried about how they will feel with the new baby. If you can give my advice i would like it please. this pregnancy was so not planned but those are the best gifts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• i told my little ones when i brought home my first ultrasound. :) mine are 9.. 6.. and 5
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• it depends really on the situation. My friend just had her third child by a third father and her children are 3 and 7. She sat them down and told them. Surprisingly they were excited. They also know her boyfriend
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 5:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Tell them with joy in your voice and excitement in your tone, they will share the excitement with you,my girls were 10 and 9 when I got pregnant with my son and they were elated!

Answer by older at 5:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't wait any longer than your first ultrasound. Ask if they want to see what you did today, and show them the pictures. Wait much longer, like my mom, and your kids may feel like you didn't want to tell them, or didn't trust them to know. Be sure they know before the rest of the family. My cousin, only a couple mos older than me told me when my mom was pregnant with her 3rd, I was 11, and brokenhearted.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 5:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• just tell them!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• like this: "im having another baby!"
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 5:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• was just being playful but when my mom told me (when i was 5) i was sooo excited!
    so i took it well. my brother never really cared and was sort of neutral about it
    that has been our personal experience.
    if any of your children react differently it doesnt hurt to explain that life is beautiful and the more the marrier...
    doesnt mean you love them less. kids are smart they should understand. good luck momma!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 5:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i even gave my newborn sis her first (bloody) bath
    thats how happy i was :)
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 5:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would wait till your at least 12 weeks. We waited just in case anything happened. Not trying to be gloom and doom, but miscarriages do happen so we wait till 12 weeks, that's when miscarriage chances drastically reduce. After that, bring them an ultrasound pic and just say, "we are having a baby!". Best way to tell them, is to just tell them.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 6:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Hehehe! HERE is what you should do.....get a pencil and aper and take notes:
    "Kids, we are having another baby!"
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:46 PM on May. 16, 2011