C sections----

Today was my 1st drs appt and my dr said that because I have had 3 c sections this one will be risky! but wouldnt they all be risky....my husband is scared now!

selaranda

Asked by selaranda at 5:16 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• One would have thought he'd have warned of risk when you had your last section. Ever one is greater risk of adhesions and other weird things happening. For most people, everything is fine though. Surgery, child birth & pregnancy are always risky. My OB says she comfortable with 4 sections. Any more than that and she gets very concerned.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 5:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• He may just mean risky for you because of all the scar tissue.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My Dr. said that having a vaginal birth after 1 c-section is risky. 1-2% chance of uterine rupture, so i would think another c-section cant be as risky as that, but I am not a dr. do some research to to be more informed. Good luck.
    deniselvt

Answer by deniselvt at 5:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i think its probably more risky because of scar tissue ... i had on c-section .. and then a VBAC .. they said the VBAC would be very risky because i had my CS only a year before the VBAC.
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• With each c-section your risks increase. Risk for placenta adhesions, placenta accreta, bleeding, and neonatal issues increase with each c/s.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I've had 4, and my OB said last time that he'd be more than happy to do another for me, that another baby wouldn't hurt in the slightest. I think it all depends on your body- I had barely any scar tissue, and what was there was removed with the baby this last time.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Each one is slightly more risky than the last but I wouldn't worry. I've had 5 and they all went smoothly. My last pregnancy (last summer) was one of the easier ones. I felt pretty good, if not a little more tired, compared to my other pregnancies. My 4th sucked the worst. I was in all sorts of pain (that was 4 years before the last one). My last surgery (which also was a tubal) went quick and easy. Recovery wasn't any better or worse than any of the others and I was back to packing up for our big move after 2 weeks (even carrying and loading the truck at 3 weeks).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• well thank you ladies for all your posts! i talked to him and he said that i will be fine he is a little concerned about all the scar tissue but nothing he will just watch me closely. he looked at the previous records (he wasnt my dr) and he said they had no complications so that this pregnancy should be ok!
    selaranda

Comment by selaranda (original poster) at 12:05 PM on May. 17, 2011