How rude!

My friend just had her third child and she keeps reminding me how short her labor was (2hrs including pushing). However she knows my labor with my son was 48 long/painful hours. I asked her if she was trying to rub it in but she just says "no, I'm just in shock!" blehhh

What would you say to her?

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 5:20 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• As soon as she starts in, I'd say "ya I remember". Then change the subject. Hopefully she will "get it" after a few times of cutting her off politely and changing the subject :) Good Luck :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Why does it still bother you so much.The labor is over with so it doesnt matter who took the longest or shortest. What matters is yall both had healthy babies
    Anonymous

• i would tell her to shut up! lol my first one was 40 hours long and it was awful my next two were almost as long!
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Just tell her that you are glad it was so short for her. Don't let it get to you. I have had a 2 hour labor and it was rather shocking and still is, and scares the crap out of me having another one. If she just had hers than I am sure that it will be brought up less and less. Every labor is different and that is what is stuck in her brain right now. I don't think she is trying to rub it in
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• anonymous you're obviously not someone who endured a very hard labor or you wouldn't speak so ignorantly... or post anonymous in the first place if you didn't think it was ignorant. Why even respond in the 1st place?
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 5:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I was in labor for 14 hours, my best friend was in labor for 3 its never really bothered me that she had such a short and easy time. Everyone has a different experience. I'd be happy for my friend that she didn't have to endure such a long and hard labor like I did.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 5:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm happy for her... just wish she wouldn't keep texting me randomly saying,

"OMG my labor was so short and easy"
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 5:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am so sorry your labor was so hard . . . . I had a really hard one too for my first.

Try not to let your friend's words bother you . . . .If you think of yourselves as separate, then she should be able to sympathize with your hard experience, and you should be able to share in her relief with hers.

There are many times in life when one friend has it better/worse in situation A or situation B, and we should be able to just be there for each other . . . better or worse.

If her labor is bringing up really bad memeories for you, then it is certainly okay for you to say,
    "Oh, I wish mine were that easy. I hope you can appreciate how lucky you are! That is great!"
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Sounds as tho you have a bit of jealousy over her experience verses yours.. She is your friend and as friends we share stories... good and bad.. Deal with your feelings over this issue and move on. It is not her fault your labor was long and painful. We all go through different experience's in life, its not fair sometimes.. But it is not rude unless she is putting you down for how long your labor was. This will pass as time goes on..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• lol, you could be rude back with a comment like, "wow you must be pretty loose... not that much effort to push out your little (girl/guy) huh?" lol jk..

is it because you express fear about your previous labor with this future labor coming up? if so i would justavoid all talk about it. if shes just random about it (for example you are talking about dinner and she randomly says that) then i would comment back about how its really gettting old to hear that... if its the first example maybe she is saying that as a way to get you t ochange the subject because shes just as sick of hearing you talk about your long labor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:54 PM on May. 16, 2011