How do I know when to change her feeding schedule?

This is my first baby! Right now she eats every four hours. should i be waking her to feed her or should I drop the whole schedule and just let her tell me when she wants to eat?

giannasmama87

Asked by giannasmama87 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would let her tell u when she is hungry u will know but it depends how old ur baby is 2 if shes still pretty young i would try 2 keep the same schedule but don't force it if she doesn't want it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have always found it easier to let baby tell me when she is hungry. Eventually, they develop their own eating patterns. You can't just put them on a schedule too easily. They go through growth spurts.
    lajoy

Answer by lajoy at 3:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Depends on how old she is. For the first month at least she should be eating through the night because her metabolism is still so fast.
    Anonymous

• I let my daughter let me know when she was hungry. When I was doing the schedule she would eat too much and spit up, so I let her let me know.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Let her sleep!!!! She will get her own schedule. And some days she may want to eat more often than others. And don't worry about putting too much in the bottle. When they are done, they won't let that bottle go back in their mouth, at least mine does that. His lips go so tight that I couldn't pry them open LOL When my son started sucking a bottle dry I added another oz to the bottle. That's the best way to see if they want more to eat as they grow. Within a month he went from 4 oz to 6-8 oz at feedings.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2008