Would you be kinda pissed?

About 3 months ago I rescued a beautiful white cat from the local shelter. He was an indoor/outdoor cat. We have not had any problems with this until today. The landlord came to mow the yard because our mower is messed up and she brought her dogs with her. The cat went outside when I left to go get my kids from school and when I got back home she came up to be and said that the dogs and cat got into a fight and the cat is under the truck but seems to be okay. She said she didnt see them bite the cat. She just let them fight. Now my cat is dying and I have no money to take him to the vet. What pisses me off the most is that she told that its nature and animals do that. I was like couldn't you leave you animals at your house(I didnt say that but wanted to).

tgeary

Asked by tgeary at 5:31 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pets

• Please, please, please take your kitty to the vet! Most of them have payment plans that can be set up. You may not be able to bring home your kitty until it's paid in full, but that would be better than him dying.

I agree with PP, take your landlord to small claims court to pay for the vet bill.

:-(

Good luck...saying a prayer for your kitty.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• How awful! and small claims court would be a good idea..
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 5:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If her dogs were not on leashes shes in trouble!
    ILoveAsherAthan

Answer by ILoveAsherAthan at 5:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• take her to small claims court for your vet bills! thats just not right
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 5:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Take the poor cat to a vet, maybe they will take mercy on the poor thing.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Wow I would for sure try max fund if you have one close to you?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Sadly there is accountability on both parts here.
    You should never impose your pets on others, by bringing them over without permission.
    However, your cat shouldn't be allowed to just run loose outside. In fact the shelters are totally against just letting your cats roam free like that for this very reason. They get hit by cars, get in fights, and can be a nuiciance when they poop and pee in people's flower beds.
    If your cat is that bad, and you are for sure that cat won't make it...don't let it suffer. Please go take it to a shelter and get it humanley euthanized, or have them refer you to a low cost vet.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• no offense, but she was mowing the lawn, I wouldn't have let my cat out if the landlord was mowing the lawn.. regardless of if she brought her dogs or not.

BUT you did, and by law you can sue her. Even though I don't agree with you or the landlady in this situation, I think personally you are both, partially at fault.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think it is your own fault. Why let a family pet be an outside animal? If I had a pitbull would I be aloud to just let it out and run around without a leash just because it wanted to be an outside animal???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Take the cat to the vet and take her to small claims court.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2011