Guilted by a 4 yr old!

I havent made dinner for my family in like 2 weeks....I have just been SO tired..I'm 8 months pregnant and my energy level is -30...I know all that sounds like I'm just trying to make excuses for not doing my "job" but hey, it is what it is...anyways we've all just been eating out, microwaveable foods or sandwiches...today I decided to go head and throw something in the crockpot...my 4 yr old daughter was in her room playing when I started cooking so just now when I go into the kitchen to wash the last couple of dishes she asks me "Mommy are you going to cook dinner today? Cause I miss you cooking dinner" OMG could I have felt like a more terrible mother???? although it DID make me glad that I got up off my ass today and actually DID make dinner lol

Whats the last thing your kids have made you feel guilty about?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 5:38 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well, at least you know she likes your cooking! Tell her there will be brighter days ahead nd for heaven's sake let yourself off the hook. You are still feeding them.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 3:32 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Thats SO funny. and adorable..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Awww lol out of the mouth of babes lol. My 8 year old is a drama queen so trying to make me feel guilty is her favorite game :). Its much cuter when they are 4 trust me LOL> Hope your feeling better soon!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Suppose you explain how tired you are and ask her if she wants to help from now on. It's a good time to get her started.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 5:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• aww your still an awesome mommy! you cant help being super tired!!!!!!! (((HUGS)))
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know how you feel. I was worn out when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was worn out and tired all of the time but I didn't have anyone else to worry about then (My first child, not married) and I lived with my great aunt so she said she'd cooked for us. Just after my daughter turned two I got the flu and was sick for a couple of weeks. My mother made me a huge pot of chicken and rice and I lived off of that for about a week before my daughter came in the room and saw me heating up the chicken and rice and she gave a long sigh and went to the sink and grabbed her Disney Princess soup bowl and brought it up and said "Mommy, no more rice!" I told my mother and she started making Alice dinner and bringing it over.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 6:01 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yelling.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:11 PM on May. 16, 2011