Do u feel like u aren't as far in your career as u can be because of being a single mom?

my job requires me to go to training in other states and i haven't been to many because don't want to leave my kids. it has set me back at work.

mrsary

Asked by mrsary at 5:49 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Definitely, because for me it's the lack of a good support system. I dream daily how much better I could be doing if I had more help with my kids.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 5:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• No. I feel I am where I am because I decided not to go to college and have a learning disability which is hard to correct at my age and I choose not to correct or medicate for it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think being a single mom helps you to advance in your career because you have no other way to pay the bills. I was a teen mom, finished high school on time and did 3 years of college. But at that time I met my husband who was almost done with school as well so I quit, let him finish, get a good job and now I don't work or go to school at all. If I were still single, I know I would be CFO of some company now (my major was accounting/finance)
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i am away now... for a year and by the grace of GOD found someone who will watch them that long. if it weren't for her my military career would of been over right there! thanks to www.care.com i can advance. i NEVER had longterm childcare til i found that website.
    mrsary

Comment by mrsary (original poster) at 10:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Is holding back your career really what is best for your kids? Having a well-established careers gives you more flexibility, with more income

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2011