For sahms with a working hubby or s/o...

do you get frustrated, annoyed or downright angry if/when your hubby or s/o leaves messes around the house? like putting dishes in the sink instead of right in the dishwasher...or leaving dirty laundry in the bathroom or on bedroom floor? or do you feel like its part of your job as a sahm to clean up after them?

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 6:03 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Im a sahm also. Yes I I kno it is my job to do around the house but there comes a point where yes they should kno to put their clothes in the bathroom, not scattered around the house. And that goes for their dishes and whatever else too. I do my share of cleaning around here. Im not home to cater to everyones every move. I'd be wore out if so. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I get a little annoyed when I had just cleaned and someones does this. and dishes in the sink/dirty kitchen bothers me. esp when dishes arent rinsed and they stink
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 6:07 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes I do feel it it part of being a SAHM. Hunny works his booty off to provide a good living for us, so I feel it my responsibility to take care of him any way I can. With that being said he's not a downright pig, but I do his dishes and laundry...though he doesn't lay clothes in the bathroom, he will put them in the hamper.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 6:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Sometimes I get annoyed but he works so hard that I feel like I'm not going to add to his stress by harping over him cleaning up after himself...I'm home so I might as well just do it...it saves us both stress lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• yes,because its very disrespectful. It takes just as much effort to put it in the right place than the wrong one.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• he put's the dishes in the sink!!!!!!! I'd say your lucky lol jk
    I think that he should pick his own clothes up and pick up after himself
    your not a maid just because your a SAHM.
    traren

Answer by traren at 6:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't really get annoyed...not because I think it's my job to pick up after him but because I've learned to pick my battles and this isn't one worth arguing about :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 6:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes, I'm occasionally annoyed, but I'm messier than he is, so I can hardly complain.

I've worked hard myself. I know what it's like. I worked 70-80 hour weeks (he works 45), cleaned up after myself, mowed my lawn, cleaned my house- I was living there alone. It is totally possible. I think the kids are much harder than the work, though we both have that responsibility as well.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes, I hate that too. We had a chat and he brought up how hard he worked at his job...singular JOB. I pointed out that I have multiple jobs (around the house and running errands etc) and I don't have helpers like he does. I also pointed out that he'd be working whether I was here or not, with children or not. I on the other hand would have a lot less mess and a lot more free time if he was not here and if I didn't have children. Not complaining, just an observation. He cleared the table tonight after dinner ;)
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I do sometimes get highly annoyed, it is usually after a high stress day. I rarely say anything to him though. I feel that my job is to keep a neat and tidy home, and get the outside chores done before he gets the chance to get home from work. I also run my own business, and with it picking up, I know that I won't be able to do everything...so when the time comes that I need to "split up" the chores I will, very reluctantly.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:18 PM on May. 16, 2011