Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My 3 1/2 yr old son was sitting at the table waiting for his dinner to get done and i have a germ x bottle from bath and body works that was on the table and he put a little in his mouth and was spitting it out . but will that hurt him?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

Answers (6)
  • Call poison control and get some guidelines. They will ask you some questions and tell you based on how much they think he ingested.

    You can also page your pediatrician.

    You should get some professioanl guidance, however, on this.
    ImaginationMama

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • seriously?! get off cafemom and call poison control!
    happymom8262

    Answer by happymom8262 at 6:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • i dont know, sorry!
    Liz4Life

    Answer by Liz4Life at 7:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • If it'll make you feel better call cafe mom. My son used to do this all of the time. I had the hand sanitizers from Bath & Body Works on one of the lil things that you can put them in and hang from your purse and he would always get mine and try to eat it. He was always fine though.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • My son did that when he was younger also what I did was called Poison Control and they told me to give him a small snack and a glass of milk and just keep my eye on him and that he may get a little bit of a tummy ache.
    liss05

    Answer by liss05 at 9:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

  • Yes it is harmful! It is gelled alcohol. He can get alcohol poisoning. Hand sanitizers are completely unnecessary. They do more harm than good. Throw it away & wash your hands instead.
    motherofhope98

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:17 AM on May. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.