Does is seem like everyone is now getting in to photography?

I have my own business and I enjoy it very much. I love photography and always have. I just took my time and got a good camera and so forth but now and days it just seems so easy for people so why go to school for it? I learned hands on and from professional photographers that used film and it is amazing what you can do now and days. I get discouraged sometimes seeing all these photographers pop up but then I realize it is no different than any other market out there.

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 6:08 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It's the recession - more people going back to school, and there's more focus on degrees which can lead to self-employment. Photography is high on that list.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:11 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree it is easier to be self-employed and I like it that way lol. My reason for the school is there is so much information now in books and online but the real question is having the eye for it.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 6:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I love photography! The interest actually came unintentionally. A few years ago when we got our first digital camera, I started by taking pictures of everything. I learned a little about the settings, and learned how to take pictures of flowers. Some of them are really good. It is completely a hobby for me. We recently bought a better camera after I dropped the other one. It can do so much more and I am having so much fun with it. I entered a photo contest last month and won ribbons for both photos I entered. I have no intentions of doing anymore with unless I try to sell a couple on etsy. I have made albums for both grandmothers and plan on framing some to hang in our playroom. But, you are right, it is not any different than any other market out there.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Me too Angie with the exception I made a career out of it and I feel it was a right choice for me. I have been booking left and right. I do a lot of outside shoots and prefer it that way instead of the fake backgrounds lol. I started about 6 years ago doing shoots of myself with a digital then bought my nice one 3 years ago. I love it :)
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Good for you!! I love the look of outside over the fake stuff any day!!! Keep up the good work!! :)
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thanks. It brings me great joy as I bet it does you too :)
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think another things is that once you get into something, you start noticing other people that do the same thing. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes I have noticed it too. The people I have seen do it more as a side job just to earn extra income.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 8:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Very true loving. It's like when I fist heard about scentsy after that I saw it everywhere
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah I see it all the time...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:12 AM on May. 17, 2011