Does anyone else wish people would stop trying to figure out when the world will end?

Seriously every six months I read about a NEW End of the World date...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol, ya know sometimes I wonder if it's just to see who will panic and who won't.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I feel the same way & they are talking about it at my dd in jr high's school and have had her scared to death,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 6:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It is old and sad. There was a story on NPR about a group of people who believe this and were actually getting ready. Qutting their jobs, depleting their finances cause come the 22nd they believe they will not be here to spend any of it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• OMG, my 13 year old son came home a year or two ago in tears...some moron teacher told him the world was going to end, okay so she was probably talking about it because it was super huge at that time, but it ticked me off, and you better believe I was down at the school after that....I don't think that it is anyones job to tell a child the world is going to end....they deal with enough crap than being scared into believing in something that even if it is going to happen, nothing we can do will stop it.....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Have you ever seen the cartoon God, the Devil and Bob? Maybe God and the Devil place bets with each other ever so often about how many will believe the "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING ON (fill in the date)" crap. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wish they'd get it right and take off already so the rest of us can have some peace and quiet after they're gone.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yes. I thought their holy text(s) gave specific instructions to NOT try and predict it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• it doesn't bother or irritate me... it there time wasted and not lived... who really cares when the world ends.. what matters is living it to the fullest... cause in reality for some the world could end today or even tomorrow.
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 6:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It's a waste of time, and sadly my 5 year old has been subjected to the "end of the world" stories so I have to explain to her that it isn't going to happen for a very very very very very long time when the sun grows bigger that the earth, etc. It wouldn't be so bad if she were older and had some knowledge of teh age of the sun and earth but when you try to explain 4.5 Billion years old it gets a little difficult.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:50 PM on May. 16, 2011