Would you take it personal if your neighbor built an 8 foot fence 4 weeks after you moved in?

We haven't been here very long. We keep to ourselves. And we have no issues with our neighbors. They are quiet too. My husband grew up in this town. It's really small, and never has he seen someone build a fence! Let alone that huge of a fence. These are four acre lots! Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but it seems weird. They didn't even check the property lines. Am I reading too much into this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Just be happy they did, and you won't have to,lol.... They are expensive, so I'm sure it wasn't a something they did on a whim.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think you are. They could have been planning it for a while, plus it's their business. I'm a fence person myself, and an 8 foot one sounds great to me.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Maybe they are nudists. I would check the property lines, just for your own peace of mind, and then not worry about it anymore.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• No,I would not take it PERSONALLY. People like fences --for dogs,for example,and privacy. In our area dogs cannot be running free--they have to be on a leash or in a fenced yard so I always prefer a fenced yard. And if I was in my yard in my swimsuit trying to get a tan----I would REALLY want a fence! LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Not if they were Ugly, save me the cost.
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it you never know they may have been planning the fence for some time... who knows it could be for personal reasons that they built it so let this one roll off your back....

traren

Answer by traren at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• omg, i would be soo happy!! LOL i like my privacy!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The people who moved in three years ago next door built a fence that was huge they do not speak to any of us I thought at first it was personal but after a while I realized they do not like anyone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• LOL.. I would probably feel the same way you do. However, are you sure they didn't have it planned out a long time ago? Sometimes it takes a while to get all the materials ordered and in.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't even think about it. Who knows? They could've been planning on building it months ago, way before you moved in.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2011