Had my tubes tied and just wondering if everything is okay have ya'll experienced this?

I had my tubes tied in Dec. and I breastfeed didn't have a period. My baby wiened himself off at 4 months old and I have had 3 periods since then and I normally start the 2nd week of the month and I haven't had anything not even a sign. I couldn't be pregnant right? Could it be stress as it stands I'm going a month without a period. Have any of you experienced this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• My periods have been irregular since I had my tubal in Nov. It is very common for periods to be irregular and heavier after a tubal. If you are concerned see your Dr.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• thanks I was just wondering I wasn't told about it happening I was just told that I would have no more babies and I would bleed and cramp more if I don't start by the end of June I will see about it I had cysts before but I bleed a lot and past a lot of clots for 3 months straight become anemic but I wouldn't think I have that again cause I'm not bleeding.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 PM on May. 16, 2011

• if i knew i would tell ya but i dont know, sorry!
    im very irregular and i went to the doctor, i bled for 3 weeks so she put me on Provera, it cleanses the lining of the uterus
    thats sort of opposite of what you have...but with excessive bleeding also comes a stall in bleeding and when that happens i wasn't preg.
    stress affects us more than we think. GL
    they have online doctors too, it may save you some time
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• all i know is that my aunt got her tubes tied and she still ended up getting pregnant, but this was years after her surgery. apparently there is always a chance fo them growing back or you body can find a way to regrow them in someway. but i believe that this takes like years, so your problem is probably just stress, but of course if your worried about it i would see my doctor.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 7:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• A tubal is not 100% - it has the same failure rate as condoms. If you're worried, take a test, and in the meantime, if you start having lower abdominal pain (but aren't getting your period) go to the doctor ASAP - because after a tubal, a pregnancy is very likely to be ectopic and can be life threatening.
    Anonymous

• Check with your doctor 1st to see if you're pregnant. Yes...I have known people who had babies after tubals. If that's not the case could just be changes in your hormones as tubals are known for this as well. Your doctor could just wait it out to see if you will have a period n your own or give you meds to start your cycle going again.
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 11:54 PM on May. 16, 2011