Would you tell your ex anything?

If you had a house with your ex and you took it over in the divorce/seperation, would you let him know that you were having trouble making payments? If not, would you tell him that you were abandoning the house and quit making payments altogether? If you are already out and was served with foreclosure papers, but got papers for your ex as well would you tell him(as sort of a heads up)?

Just curious because I'm dealing with this now, I see my ex EOW when he has our child and he's never said anything. If I ask him about something he either lies or gets irrate. I'm thinking most of this is common courtesy, it's seriously effecting my credit and future, I would've liked to have some chance to take preventative actions here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I would def tell him IMO he may help or maybe take it over for you so your credit doesnt get screwed
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If it affected him, yes, I'd tell him. But if his name was totally off it, and it was all mine, no I wouldn't tell him. It sounds like you are still listed as owning it or whatever, and so yes he should have told you.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If you took over the house because you were making the payments you should have told him long before forclosure that you couldn't make the payments. You need to tell him and be prepared for one pissed off ex. You not only messed up your credit but his as well... you have no tight to do that to anyone. I know I would be pissed if my ex were that irresponsible and didn't tell me.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If you legally took it over in the divorce and the ex's name is not on it anymore I wouldn't tell him anything. If he still is part owner or has a vested interest in a percentage of the profits from sale then he absolutely needs to know.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:48 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If he isn't responsible for the house anymore, no. You're separated, he doesn't owe it to you to help you with anything anymore.

But if it will effect him or his credit, yes.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 7:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree with everyone...if he has no tied to the house or deed...nothing you need to tell him unless u trying to keep the place and you just need help with the payments.
    FayMeek

Answer by FayMeek at 8:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agee w/FayMeek....
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 10:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If he's no longer on the deed or loan, it's not his business.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:10 PM on May. 17, 2011