CRAZY MIL PLEASE HELP!!ol

anyone who has dealt with a crazy, nosy MIL pleases some advice on how to kindly ask her to back the F*** off lol! I cannot take it anmore. I have been walking on eggshells for tha last 9 months with this woman trying not to make her mad or heaven forbid hurt her feelings but she is unbearable!! She is always in our buisness, she goes through our mail when shes here and is always making rude comments..I'm about to explode!!! and i have a strong feeling that things will only get worse once my baby gets here...she has already been telling me how to raise her since the day we told her i was pregnant!! Help lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have your DH talk with her. It's her mom and maybe she would take it better coming from him. If not, then you just need to come out and tell her. If you catch her going through your mail then you need to walk over to her, kindly take the mail and say, "Please don't go through our mail anymore." If she gives you "advice" and you don't want her too then tell her, "I love you and I know you're doing what a grandmother does by giving advice but I really don't appreciate it." Better to stop her now than to let it continue. It only gets worse. I have a FIL the same way but my DH lets him know real quick he needs to put an end to it.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I meant it's "HIS" mom not her mom.
    Southerncharmes

• OMG DO WE HAVE THE SAME MIL??? after my son was born i went w/ my mom and had a talk with her... it was baaddd. and we dont talk as much as we used too... but it did cut her rudeness in HALF lol...i finally told my hubby he better staart defending me or i will... and it wont be pretty!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Oh Hell!! You're in trouble! Yep, it will get worse! Your husband needs to lay down the law with his mother. If you do it it will just cause more problems.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:58 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i hope your husband isnt a mommas boy!!! mine is and my son is almost a year and we still have problems, just not as much.... once my baby was born we went over there all time and it was never enough for her, she wanted us to spend the night every night and come over ALL the time... so after about 4 months of that i was like HELL NO!! cant do it anymore, and i told my boyfriend to go there without me cause i didnt feel well, and the next time she told us to come over i wouldnt pack enough diapers or formula to make sure we didnt stay long, and after she caught on that everytime we went there i happened to forget something she stopped begging us to come over and stopped telling me how to raise my son!!!
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 3:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Have you told her to back off? If not, you need to do so asap or this is a situation that will only get worse. First, stop worrying about hurting her feelings. If she does something to make you mad or uncomfortable, tell her. You don't have to get into a screaming match, just be adult an tell her that when she says ____ it's hurtful and insulting. You wouldn't treat her like that, so why should she be able to do it to you? Opening your mail should be rewarded with a time out. No one has the right to invade on your private business! You and yor DH are not children, you souldn't let her be treating you as such. As for telling you how to raise your baby, she can talk all she wants, it doesn't mean that you're going to pay any attention to it! Come visit My MIL is a Crapburger. The girls there have tons of helpful advice!
    NvrTrustAHippie

Answer by NvrTrustAHippie at 3:03 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/32665/

Sorry, forgot to give you the link!
    NvrTrustAHippie

Answer by NvrTrustAHippie at 3:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008