Have you ever made pizza with tortillas for the crust?

How did it turn out?

Would you recommend it or not?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 6:51 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Food & Drink

• we have made 'mexican' pizzas with tortillas. I pan fried them to make them crisp them put re-fried beans between two of them before topping it with taco sauce, cheese, tomatoes, scallions and black olives. Then I baked it long enough to melt the cheese. It was fabulous! Totally 4 up-ed Taco Bell.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have...but it depends on how you make it....i get flour tourtillas and fry them up till they are almost hard but still a little soft throw on a little sause (already warmed up) slap on some cheese and tada lol. But its also good if your brown them a bit kinda on a grill...skillet works well to just a little different taste. but you just throw everything you want on it and set it on a plate. I love it =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:54 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It is called a Tostada with beans, tomatoes, lettuce meat and cheese .
    sweet11-12

Answer by sweet11-12 at 7:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• sorry never tried it but its worth a shot
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have in the past - good for something different, but you can't load it with toppings! We actually ended up making pizza-dillas - putting the toppings on half and folding it over, like a quesadilla. haven't done it since though.
    Anonymous

• no yucky
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah, I've done it. I got tortillas that have a lot of fiber (I think they had about 11 grams of fiber per tortilla) and did it. It was pretty good and okay on calories.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 8:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• We use whole wheat tortillas. It is a quick and (depending on the ingredients) healthy meal

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I've seen recipes for Mexican lasagna in the crockpot but have never tried it.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:01 PM on May. 17, 2011