I think she should just stay in Iran, how about you?

You just shouldn't go to an enemy country and trash your own country and be allowed to return home and remain a free citizen. FDR would have had her tried for treason.

Former US House Member Ashamed of US Policies

TEHRAN (FNA)- Former member of the US House of Representatives Cynthia Anne McKinney said she is truly ashamed of her country's policies.

Addressing an international conference dubbed 'International Coalition against Terrorism for Fair Peace' here in Tehran on Saturday, the former US House member urged Washington to avoid imposing its will on the world nations through the use of force, violence and weapons.

"As an American, I am upset with the policies of my country, but the measures adopted by the first Afro-American president of the United States has ashamed us all," she said.

"If there is no truth, there won't be any justice, and today the US policies are rooted in lies, injustice and war," she continued.

Noting the United States' aggravating economic conditions, she said the high rate of infant death toll in the United States is even worse than the European Union.

"The United States used to be a rich country, but now it is a country under hegemony whose economic policies promote plunder of the world," she added.

"(the late) Martin Luther King once said that the US has guided missiles, but has no guided man," McKinney added.

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9002241662

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:14 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe that would fall under freedom of speech.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• She's a nutjob anyways, congress is well rid of her. But yeah, I think if she's so ashamed of the US and the first "afro-american" president, they can have her!

Okay, how can they have a 'International Coalition against Terrorism for Fair Peace' in Iran of all places??

I think I went through the looking glass and I'm not in Kansas anymore LOL
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:31 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think it's rather funny myself...considering she ran for POTUS in 2008!

Besides, if OBAMA can go on an international apology tour, why can't she?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Uh huh. That is just great.
    Anonymous

• Not so ashamed that she doesn't come back to her comfortable lifestyle compared to much of the rest of this world lives. Either way, I suppose she is entitled to her opinion. Just makes her look hypocritical when she lives the same life she claims to be ashamed of.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

Is that where they got the nickname "Limousine Liberals"?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Is that where they got the nickname "Limousine Liberals"?

LMAO, there are a lot of them
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 7:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• "As an American, I am upset with the policies of my country, but the measures adopted by the first Afro-American president of the United States has ashamed us all," she said. ~ fired dummy from GA (one that never managed to tuck away a primary education).

No ~ I don't believe there is even a teensy weensy chance that is a typo. The twit has always mangled the English language, usually waxing incoherent.

Why do some stupid people have to be so militant about it?

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Why am I NOT surprised???

McKinney used to be my representative. This is not the first time she has made asinine comments about the US.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• She is a nut job and she could just stay over there for all I care.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:29 PM on May. 16, 2011