When your "crabby" what are your symptoms and what do you do to snap out of it? what do you avoid?

i eat or take a shower
and def isolate myself too

i avoid driving and being around the people i love the most

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 7:17 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• I normally get quiet, try to do something on my own like reading a book or just go take a nap.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• most of the time it's me and DS during the day and I know I'm crabby when the slightest peep out of him gnaws on my nerves. I just take a deep breath (cause I wanna yell but I know he didn't do anything wrong.) So I put one of his favorite movies in for him and put headphones in to listen to angry music that gets it out of my system. I'm usually in a better mood after three or four songs.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 7:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I watch what I eat. I stay away from sweets and too many salty things and if I DO eat those things....they aren't processed foods. Also, I talked to my doc about this and he prescribed me a drug that I can take during angry pms days and it just takes the edge off. I have about three pills in the month and I can behave like a human being. I've been used this "method" for three years and it's been fab. I'm most anxious and weird at pms but I told him no anti-anxiety or anti-depressants drugs for me and so we found this solutions. For me, it's been brilliant.
    Anonymous

• Sorry for the horrible grammar and typos! Yikes.
    Anonymous

• so how do you stay away from your kids?
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 7:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• mamastuart: i like metal a lot but ive been told not to listen to it because it deadens my heart, but you think it helps?

anon: im curious what is the drug that was prescribed that takes the edge off?

butterflies: i do not have kids

thanks everyone!
    Liz4Life

Comment by Liz4Life (original poster) at 8:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I make DH deal with DD if I can! Otherwise I send her to go play or do something. Keeping her busy helps me stay calm.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't listen to metal. It's mostly Emo, Punk, or Alternative and they're not so much f the world, f this, f that, they're more about thing making you angry but not letting them get you down. Some of my favorites are
    Hello Fascination- Breathe Carolina
    Sing- My Chemical Romance
    The Fratellis- Flathead
    Face Down- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Bodybag- Hit the Lights
    Love Me Dead- Ludo
    My Own Worst Enemy- Lit
    And a very fitting one, Animal I Have Become- Three Days Grace
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:04 PM on May. 16, 2011