When did you start letting your lo wear underwear/panties to bed?

my son wakes up just abour every morning dry. Last night my husband put our son to bed in underwear on accident and at 2 my son woke up wimpering. He had to go pee. So shoyuld I just keep letting him wear underwear to bed then? He is pee pee trained and almost poo poo trained during the day. What do you think?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 7:23 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as you get him to the restroom right after him waking up then he can wear them to bed.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 7:26 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think if he's waking up dry, and more importantly waking himself up when he has to go to the bathroom, then he's ready.

Don't be discouraged if there's still an occasional accident, just use a waterproof sheet to make it an easy clean up.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The rule in my house is when you wake up 3 days in a row dry you can wear underwear to bed. DS was over 5 when he accomplished this. Just make sure to have a protective cover over the mattress.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Age 2.5. I don't allow any drinks an hour before bed.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yea, sure why not.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 9:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Tell him he can keep wearing it as long as he stays dry. When he has an accident go back to the pull ups.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:24 PM on May. 17, 2011