Pregnant and using a wheelchair at the zoo

So my family (DH DD and my mom) are planning a trip to the zoo i'll be 21 weeks but have been told to limit my walking due to dizzy spells. So we decided on renting a wheelchair so we don't have to cancel the trip so my question is would you be embarrassed to do this. My MIL told me to cancel the whole thing so i don't embarrass her son by acting like an invalid so what is everyones opinion (BTW my husband was the one who came up with the idea to rent a wheelchair and even called ahead to see if it was possible) thanks ladies

krissii

Asked by krissii at 7:34 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I just wouldn't go.
    Anonymous

• I really do not see where the embarrassment is, this is a great way to participate in a family outing and not stress......

Answer by older at 7:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• thats rude of her there is no problem with a pregnant person using a wheel chai i see it all the time!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Go, enjoy yourself. Your MIL sounds like an idiot for saying that.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 7:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't see it as an issue. If you and your husband don't have a problem with it, no one else should either.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Wow anyone who would be embarrassed to be with you because you rented a wheel and are 'acting like an invalid' is a jerk who just insulted a large number of people.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i agree with gomezmami...you shouldnt have to not go just because someone is THAT shallow
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 7:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Sounds like your MIL must not be very understanding about your situation, not all pregnancies are a walk in the park, if you still want to go you should go.......if your ok with the wheelchair thats all that matters.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I personally wouldnt' go. Dizzy spells are normal during pregnancy. It's not really a need for a wheelchair. They go away in a few weeks as well. It's not high risk or anything.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• But I will agree with the others that your MIL is being rude. And it was VERY sweet of him to come up with that idea. I was just coming from a personal standpoint. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:41 PM on May. 16, 2011