Why don't immigrant Muslims (and women married to them)like African American and Latino Muslims?

Today at work an African American and Latino female student came in the office. They gave the Jordanian student the greetings and she didnt return it. I asked her about it and she said they werent really Muslims. I am so confused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I asked the muslims I work with the same question and ha-run said it was because they were not born into it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• From what I understand from the ones I know they do not acknowledge them as being Muslim because they were not born into the religion. It has nothing to do with their race.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I asked hubby, who is an immigrant Muslim and he said he never heard of that.
    Anonymous

• The Jordanian who did not return the greeting has no right to say if they are really Muslims or not. The greeting is in arabic and is sometimes used by arab speakers who are not even Muslim. If a Muslim gives the full greeting to another Muslim, we are to return it back whether we know about how they apply/follow/entered into the religion.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Because people hate. It isn't only Muslims who hate. Every group of people out there hate someone else just because they are different.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• According to Al Islam proper, we are all born as Muslims. How we are raised be it Muslim, Jewish or whatever is up to our parents. I am sorry, but just because someone is raised Muslim doesnt mean they are better Muslims than reverts. Liquor stores that sell of course liquor, pork and cigarettes are often owned by born Muslims. Is this knowing the religion better? In one community on the west coast, several community leaders were attempting to close down these stores. And sadly, like in all things there is a race issue, which should not even occur in Al Islam because it does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I heard a former Muslim from Jordan say that most Muslims do not accept Nation of Islam as true Islam, and that they see them as nominal Muslims or even apostates.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Not all African Americans are from the Nation of Islam. But what about Latinos, they are rapidly reveerting and they aren't accepted either by some immigrants. But who are they to say who is or isnt Muslim? I don't respect my co worker because of her racism in her religion.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Because people are rude. It happens to Muslims of all ethnicites and the rude lack of reply can come from Muslims of all ethnicities as well. I have a hard time believing anyone who says it's because they weren't born Muslims. 1- the Muslim belief is all children, regardless of their parents beliefs are born Muslims and 2- Black Muslims who were born to Muslim families live all over Africa, in Arab countries and all over the West.

HeatUSA-Tunisia

Answer by HeatUSA-Tunisia at 11:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Are you telling me that there are not just hypocritical christians but muslims too? Hmmm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on May. 17, 2011