Are these signs he's ready to potty train?

DS will be two next month. He has a training potty already. We got it early because it was on sale and we figured it would be better to get it early for him to get used to it rather than suddenly having some new thing he was expected to sit on to do his business. Lately, he's wanted to follow DH and me into the bathroom. He follows us in, watches us and then sits on his own potty. He'll also run up to me with a diaper and the wipes when he needs to be changed. I've heard that when they start showing interest it's time, but I've also heard that you should wait until they stay dry through naptime which he doesn't. What do you ladies think?

MamaStuart

Asked by MamaStuart at 7:45 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can have him sit on the potty everytime you change him and start changing him in the bathroom only. He seems to be getting there but maybe another month - it's still early! Start practicing pulling pants up and down, and washing hands after a diaper change, these are all skills that have to be taught eventually too, and are hard for them! Staying dry through nap is always a great sign but not necessary, another sign would be if he stays dry 2 hrs or so at a time and doesn't constantly pee in his diaper. Get him to tell you every time he pees not just when he may be uncomfortable, then you'll know. Early days either way! Good luck!
    Stef (the nanny from http://askananny.com)
    AskANanny

Answer by AskANanny at 10:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think he is ready but again that's just my opinion.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Oh he already knows how to pull his pants up and sown. He went through a stripping faze. -_-
    MamaStuart

Comment by MamaStuart (original poster) at 10:38 PM on May. 16, 2011