Anyone ever had a really early positive pregnancy test?

I had one three weeks ago and im bring told im only 5 weeks 5 days pregnant? IM really nervous now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i took my test 8 days before my period was suppose to start and it was positive
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 7:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• its not early because ur 5 weeks now and u can take one and it shows starting at 2 weeks and u took one 3 weeks ago and 5-2=3so ur 5 weeks now and u took it 3 weeks ago so u took it around 2 weeks so its normal ur fine and dont be nervous u will be fine good luck
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:17 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I had a positive result and after calculating things we figured i was only 18 days pregnant when we found out. I found out early with two out of three kids.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 8:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I had one 6 days before my period was supposed to start, and it was positive and accurate. I would have only been 3 weeks pregnant, or about 1 week and 1 day gestation.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My doctor told me I would be 7 weeks 3 days. 5 weeks 5 days would be okay if they didnt add the 2 weeks before you conceive to the count. Is an ultrasound from the day you conceived or does it add those 2 weeks in there?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think they add it.
    tattooedmama126

Answer by tattooedmama126 at 8:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Nope, can't say that I have.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• yep they count those 2 weeks idk y but they do lol
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:32 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know! You wouldnt think they would count since you werent even pregnant then!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Lol we are on our third child and my LP still thinks it is "stupid" for them to count those two weeks before ovulation. They count them because that is when the egg starts maturing...so that half of the baby to be is developing. I keep telling him, they're not going to rewrite the rules of obstetrics for you, LOL.

It sounds like they gave you your gestational weeks. I would ask to clear it up. That could be your discrepancy right there!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:44 PM on May. 16, 2011