How do you feel about millionaires supporting fam & friends by paying bills, giving allowances, etc? Do you think the person is a leech and should stand on their own 2 feet? Or is it okay?

No it's not my business but I was watching the Khloe & Lamar show the other night. I was shocked at how many people he supports. I wouldn't mind helping a fam member if they needed assistance. But to constantly pay their bills and give them an allowance?? I commend him for helping his fam but I think there should be a line drawn somewhere.

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 7:57 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• People have the right to choose what they will or won't do with their own money...but I do feel they're doing they're friends and relatives a diservice if they don't ever have to lift a finger.

I personally think it would be awesome to be patron of an artist or writer.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• no way. if i were a millionare it would be a huge secret. i don't mind helping but i can't stand hearing everyones "poor me" story. maybe i would start a farm and let them work on it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• There is a HUGE difference between helping others and enabling them. If giving them money allows them to keep making super decisions ie) not getting a job- then you're not helping them.

It's kinda like the give a man a fish thing. If I were a millionaire I think I'd want to help those that wanted to help themselves. Not the ones that are making stupid decisions.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 11:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Can I sign on to be supported?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• like HE could keep it a secret lol
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I have relatives who are wealthy but they would never pay my bills. I was homeless and they said oh too bad. But I think it made me a stronger person.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am a person that believes in helping others. However, there is only so much you can do for a person. I would only help those who were at least trying to help themselves. Instead of paying an allowance, I might but nice healthy food for the person or put it towards some bills or what was NEEDED (not wanted), but I certainly wouldn't be giving them money to blow wherever they chose. I would hope that if I were in a situation that someone would do that for me. This way I couldn't take x amount and blow it on whatever knowing that I could get more if I actually needed it this time. Example: I WANT a new pair of shoes and some new clothing, maybe a nice new TV compared to, my family needs to eat, they need new clothing and we need to fix our car in order for me to get to work and try to make it on my own.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I do not see anything wrong with helping if you have the extra bucks, I would not considerate them leeches, specially if they are family.

Answer by older at 8:01 PM on May. 16, 2011

• @shay1103,,, I agree with keeping it a secret. Helping is one thing but what is paying someones bills and giving them an allowance? I'd probably go through the lawyer and give them a set amount. Sorry, no seconds. I don't know about working with my fam,,, prob a bad idea for a few of them. :)

@older,,, there's nothing wrong with helping fam out. But how is giving a grown person an allowance helping them? Why can't they work? They were working before. I heard the conversation his dad had with him asking him for shoes, groceries, etc. I was shocked. Here Lamar pays all of this mans bills and gives him money and here he's asking for more & more. Can't do the constant handouts just because I have it. It's not always going to be there. So when it's gone, who's going to help him??

Danni143

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I don't care either way when it comes to the money. It's no one's business how I spend mine, and it's no one's business how he spends his. Must be nice. :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2011