I don't want to be on bad terms with some of my neighbors but....

They never put their dogs away. I'm so sick of their giant yellow lab taking massive shits in my yard every day. There are also two other dogs in the neighborhood coming into my yard. I don't know if these dogs have had all their shots, or if they have been wormed and they are crapping all over my yard where the kids play. My dogs go absolutly nuts when these dogs come in our yard. I have three dogs, and there is no excuse for letting your dogs run all over town all day long every day. The dogs aren't even fixed! I'm silently angry, which isn't me because I like being direct. I don't want discord with my neighbors but at the same time I feel like they are putting me on the spot. I have brought their dogs home over and over again. I've been nice, and I'm starting to lose patience. Where do I go from here ladies?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:05 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pets

• Call animal control
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• eek that'll go well! lol I don't think there is gonna be a nice way out of this is there?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You can make an anonymous call to animal control. Just tell them you don't want your name involved.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm like you, I don't like confrontation or saying something to someone that may tick them off but you may just have to! I mean, this is really disrespectful! You could always put a" polite' sign in your yard about dog poo ! :)

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:14 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think I would, next time they came into my yard and crapped in it, take the dogs back and tell the neighbors that you're sorry it has to come to this, but that next time your dogs crap in your yard, you're going to have to call animal control. Say that you would really rather not have to do that, but if they're not going to keep their dogs off your property, or at the very LEAST come over and clean up after them, then you feel that you have no other recourse.

That's just me, though.
    Guinhyvar

Answer by Guinhyvar at 8:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would get the dog and take them back with their bag of poop. I don't even have a dog, so when I go out to mow or something and find mounds of smelly crap in my yard, it is really annoying .
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would take their dog back and tell them if you have to bring it back again, then you're taking it to a rescue, or shelter. It may be enough for them to take notice and do something about it.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My husband used to let his dog do that, and I was always embarrassed. I think you should pick up some literature on invisible fences or even get a quote on a fence and give it to them. Tell them politely the next time it happens that you would appreciate it if they would make the investment in confining their pets. Be sure to cite all of the health implications and arm yourself with a printout of the civil code for pets in your area. They do have a responsibility in containing them and you shouldn't feel bad about calling them out on it. You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar, so be firm but polite.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 8:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree with everyone here. I had a similar problem with my neighbors barking dogs who bark 24/7.We moved in to our new home in July and have had to call animal control almost weekly since last august. We even have video of their dogs nipping at our hand through the fence when we were merely trying to garden and clean up the yard. I didn't want to rock the boat with them, but animal control does have laws, and they thought the laws didn't apply to them, so now we are going to court. I felt on edge at first seeing them, but knew I had made the right deciscion and with a baby on the way as well as an adoption, this is affecting us. The dogs will be waking up my baby and with the adoption, we were told placement may not happen (for an older child) because of the aggressiveness in these dogs and their barking due to some past trauma with the child. I got to the point where I'm not going to let other peoples dogs run my life
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 8:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• we found out right before we moved in that the previous owners kids threw things at the dogs and made them aggressive......we found this out from our agent. now the owners are trying to blame us when we never even address the dogs. Its gotten to the point where we cant even have guests over for dinner because of these dogs. SO FRUSTRATING! I would say if you have to, go to the animal control website, print out a list of their rules that dog owners should follow and give it to them with a cover letter saying that you don't appreciate it and would like it changed before further action is due. good luck!!
    OurHeartsAwait

Answer by OurHeartsAwait at 8:50 PM on May. 16, 2011