He/She said my best bet was to get....

a MRS degree! I posted somewhere the amount of children that I had and what I like to do and what I do now. I asked what would be a good degree for me (Bachelors or Masters) and that bastard told me nothing and how low my life will continue to be. How it doesnt look good for me because I was a teenage mom.(My son is graduating High School on June 3rd and I had given my age, so thats he/she knew) I cant believe that people could be so mean and cruel. I want to go back to college and he just shot me down like i was nothing and just because I have children, i could never be good at anything worth doing. I mentioned that i work from home and my skille (im know im not stupid in the least) but still i dont have a degree and that bothers me. My rant is over, but i know this will stick in my head all nite. I do have 7 children that I take damn good care of, that doesnt make me useless when it comes to the outside world, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just do it all my life my mom and people have told me because I had kids out of wed lock I would be nothing she laughs at me now but I am one year away from graduating do it just do it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'd ignore that person. Find what your interest is and just start taking classes when you can. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think whoever told you that are idiots! I say go get your degree and dont worry about the naysayers! It don't matter when you had your kids or how many you have. Just so what you have to do
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Ignore them.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• He blows!! Do What you want to do or have interest in,, I cannot believe the minds of ignorant people,, and nor should you!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:40 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You can't really get a Masters without a bachelors anyway.. The schooling requirement basically demands it lol.. I would start with my BA and go from there. If you want to do stuff from home you can get your associates in Medical Billing and such.. But, you want a BS or MA so I would go BA. Look into the different schools and see if they have a BA program that you like!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Why are you letting this awful person dictate how you feel? You may want to consider therapy, to work on your self-esteem issues

Answer by rkoloms at 8:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Ignore that person. You can do it.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:55 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thank you thank you thank you ladies. i love the support and encouragement. God Bless you all. ;) you have helped me feel so much better. I know what i want to do and even with that person downing me i still would have persued my dream.It just feels better someone telling you you can instead of you cant. :) Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:13 AM on May. 17, 2011