That California Mom.......

I'm pretty sure by now y'all have heard about that mom in California that was giving her 8 year old daughter botox injections to "be competitive" in the beauty pageant circles.

My local news just told me that that girl has been removed from the home and placed in a "safe, stable environment".

Personally I'm thrilled. What that mother did is horrible!

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 8:21 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If you think your daughter needs botox to be pretty enough, she's not the one that needs shot... :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 8:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Good! That woman is disgusting!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 8:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I was floored when I heard about this. I am so glad they removed her from her Mother's "care". What she put her daughter through is child abuse in my book. Young girls already have enough to deal with when it comes to appearance. Your not tall enough, skinny enough, pretty enough & so on. What happened to teaching young girls that their worth is in "who they are" not what they look like?
    Amysan2

Answer by Amysan2 at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Wow, I wonder if they are going to press charges.

You don't have to have a doctors order to get botox. Frightengly enough, there are cosmetologists that offer this service as well. I don't agree with it. Way too risky.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• omg seriously yeah thats emotional and physical abuse. I feel so bad for that little girl, what she must be going through right now. ugh i'm praying for her
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 8:31 PM on May. 16, 2011

• She wasn't a nurse, she is an aesthetician. I'm an aesthetician also and I know in the state of California you have to have speciality training to be allowed to do injectables. I'm not sure if she obtained those licenses as well, but even if she is allowed by the law to do injectables, doing them on a child is just crazy! I wonder who the daughter is with now? I hope she had some stable family members to move in with.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• This story pisses me off. She wasnt a nurse, she was an aesthetician. Two totally separate fields. She also waxed the girls legs and privates regularly. So she could prevent the growth of pubic hair. Wtf!! She should have been taken away and mom needs a psych evaluate. Sadly, the child probably will now also. She's probably got that poor girl all kinds of screwed up in the head. My sisters are both cosmotologists and there is no way in hell they would ever do that to a child, much less their own child.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 10:01 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Those pageants get way too out of control. They are children, they shouldn't be dressed up and paraded around like miniature adults. I've watched that pageant show with children (brain fart on the name) a few times and could not believe what I was seeing. They dress like little sluts for the "talent" and bathing suit portions. What happened to natural beauty? They are too young to be told that they need to tan, wear tons of make up, use wigs, get fake nails, and put in false teeth because otherwise they are not pretty.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:49 AM on May. 17, 2011

• Like my husband said her mom is a nurse but the mom has to get the bot-ox from some doctor. Who would approve it it?
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 8:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Wow. I hadn't heard about this until now. This is one of the many reasons I'm disgusted by pageants in general.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 8:29 PM on May. 16, 2011