Birthday present delema wwyd?

I have 2 dds. One will be 3 on june 26 and one will be 2 on aug 26. They both want bikes, we dont have any. Question is do I get my oldest one for her birthday and make my other child wait until hers, which is a long time for a little kid, or do I buy them both new bikes before their birthdays, yes I can afford it, and get them something else for their birthdays? Wwyd?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 8:23 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd just get them both new bikes.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• how about big wheels for both instead?
    they're kinda little for bikes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If you can afford it get them bikes now so they can ride all summer- you can always check out some rummages. You can always buy the bikes now and them get them a less expensive gift for their bdays.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You can buy the bikes now and for their birthdays...buy the gear if it's not that far off. Or if you're doing birthday parties...just get them something small to open in front of friends and they'll open whatever gifts they get from their party. G'luck to you.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would buy them both at the same time, whether it was before or at one of their birthdays...
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 8:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would get a small 12" bike for the older one for her B-Day and a cheap trike for the younger one a few days later. unless she is a bog 2 she won't be able to reach the pedals on even a 10" ... My DD is a small 3 and 1/2 and has a 10" she fits on but she can't pedal it. It's to hard still.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I was thinking trikes. I found the perfect ones and safety gear for $100 for all of it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 8:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• If you can afford it, go ahead and get them now. That is MUCH better, IMO, than giving them both bikes at older daughter's birthday (not that that was a plan at all, but I have seen it). And they can start enjoying them.

And spend the extra $1.50 for a bottle of peroxide and cute bandaids... that's when they've really broken in the bikes, when you get to patch up the first skinned knee, and get them right back up and riding :-D
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would definitely get them now so one doesn't feel left out then just come up with something for their birthdays good luck and have a blast at the birthdays
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 10:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm gonna get the safety gear, knee pads elbow pads and helmets, and I'm always stocked with peroxide and bandaides, my kids take after me LMAO!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 6:44 AM on May. 17, 2011