Question to those with experience with the Nuva Ring

I just put it in today for the first time. I have had a couple friends who used it and did just fine but I of course threw myself into paranoia after reading stories about the blood clots...and death! Can some of you share your experience with this BC and whether it was beneficial or not.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 8:28 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Health

• i wore - used it for 3 days ---took it out cause i could feel exactly where it was inside and it really bugged me.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 8:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I'm having to constantly push it back up. I get it up to where its comfortable and I can't feel it, but then it slides right back down and becomes uncomfortable.
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i used it for a few months didnt have any side effects of anything my dh couldnt feel it either..but I had one major problem..I WENT PEE ONE DAY AND IT FELL OUT IN THE TOILET!! If I hadnt see it I would of gotten preggo..i did not feel it come out or anything..i changed the very next month..also i talked to my dr about it and she said that has happened more than once and that ppl got preggo
    Anonymous

• It KILLED my sex drive. I never had a problem with it falling out and I couldn't feel it. Never had any difference in periods and any birth control can cause death.

It sounds like it isn't working for you if it's constantly falling out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My husband is deployed which means no sex for awhile so I think I'm going to see if I'm just doing it wrong and get it positioned right and go from there. If after a week its still slipping wrong, I'm going to go back.
    CassiRae3

Comment by CassiRae3 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on May. 16, 2011