Okay, I start my new job 2morrow in my home town!! I am FAT!! I am kind of emabarrassed!

For the record,, I am 44 years old and wear a size 14,,I am not ashamed of myself, but I work in the beauty industry,, and am going back to my roots,, I always was thin in high school, but I will see girls I went to school with, and they might be shocked what 25 years has done to me,, I mean I wear cute clothes, and shoes, but I am nervous about what they will say about me 40 lbs. heavier than I was in high school??? So nervous,,lol

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:31 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't think size 14 is "fat." They must have liked you since you got the job! Good luck!
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 9:19 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I don't consider a size 14 FAT. Maybe in the beauty industry it is, but in the real world, it is not. Try not to stress. I'll bet once you get there, everything will be ok. Good luck.. First days are rough no matter what.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You may be surprised what 25 years has done to them too!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:35 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Just carry your extra weight with pride and make plans to fix it, without advertising any info to this would be employer, an confidence is a plus in a job interview.......

Answer by older at 8:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• LOL. You're going to be VERY surprised, I'd bet money on it!!! I'm sure a few of them have gained a few (dozen) pounds! Don't worry. It will all be fine.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 8:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Agree with PP...25 years changes a lot of bodies. hold you're head high, smile, and they'll still think you're that pretty girl they grew up with.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Size 14 is average. I wish I was that right now. I'm in a new salon, and feel weird because I'm the only heavy person there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:41 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Oh! Well, then...I think you are reading too much in to it! LOL I've been heavy the entire time I have been doing hair. I have been discriminated against over it. Never at any other job though. Just catty bitchy salons that only want size 2 girls. I even had a male, the owner of the salon...tell me I would be a lot busier if it wasn't for my weight. Needless to say I left pretty fast. His stupid remark lost him $450 a month...I quit caring. Yes I'm losing the weight. But I have no control over how big I am as of tomorrow when I walk through the door.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Twenty five years changes us all. Good luck with your new job.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Good luck. It will be ok. We all change on the outside and of course the inside with age. I think alot of my peers of yesteryear would look at my graying hair and think "wow she's got gray!" but I won't change for anyone but me! :) I think I'm like a fine wine... getting better with age!
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 8:54 PM on May. 16, 2011