Paranoid about miscarrying, worried caring for my toddler is putting me at risk - am I being silly?

I just found out I'm pregnant and ever since everytime I strain to pick up my toddler, or she kicks me or pushes on my belly or anything like that I get so worried that she or I might hurt the baby...does anyone else worry about this? Have you ever heard of someone miscarrying because they were straining themselves too much with their other child/children? I'm sure I'm overreacting but need some comfort!

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 8:44 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I'd loosen up a little hun! If that was the case, I would have had a miscarriage every time I got pregnant because my kids are so darn close together! LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. Most of us carried toddlers around until the day our new baby was ready to come out. You only have to worry if you have some kind of condition and the doctor has put you on bedrest or restriction.

In the beginningm the little nugget in there is so small that a toddler kick won't even touch you uterus.

Hugs :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You dont have to worry about that so much right now as you would a few months down the road! My MIL freaks out about me picking my osn up and Im just a few weeks lol. My husband laughs at her lol. But I understand your worried! Everythings gonna be just fine mama!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 8:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• my son climbed all over me while i was pregnant...even at 7 months. don't worry, unless you're high risk, you CAN pick up more than a gallon of milk :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Most miscarriages are the result of problems at a genetic level- it takes a significant trauma to affect a pregnancy. Unless you are told you are high risk and to avoid lifting, it will be just fine.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• You are right. You are probably over-reacting! :D But I imagine we have ALL worried over things that we shouldn't have. I have often thought (while pregnant) how easy we have it. Women used to work out in the field all day, or over a fire doing laundry, making soap, curing meat, etc. And we worry that lifting a 2 year old made us over due it. :)

That being said, when you feel tired - REST! When you are worn out, sit down! Listen to your body. All my pregnancies were different, but I have learned to listen to the weariness I feel. Take the time to sit down. It is tiring when you have little ones to care for AND your pregnant. It is entirely possible (I have a 5, 4, 2, and 1 year old), but be creative in finding ways to sit down and take it easy when needed.

And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Relax mama your fine =) I was high risk when I had my third my two other children were only 4 years old and my youngest was 6 months when I got pregnant. It was my easiest pregnancy.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 11:05 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i was like that when i got pregnant too, im 36 weeks now and my son is only 19 months, your fine i thought picking up my son or playing with him or something would hurt the baby but im almost done and he is still fine, the baby is protected, your toddlers little kicks and stuff wont hurt the baby, loosen up cause it will drive you crazzy i know it did to me until i finally took a breather.
    lilmamacita92

Answer by lilmamacita92 at 11:23 PM on May. 16, 2011