Don't you hate pushy salespeople and sales clerks?!

My husband was accosted by the Directv guy today at Best Buy. My DH politely told him we were happy with our cable company and were not going to change carriers. The guy followed him up and down a few aisles jabbering on!
I hate that wherever you go,you're not even in the store 30 seconds and they're on you like white on rice! AHHHH! Just let me LOOK around 1st! Furniture stores are the worst!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:50 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i agree if they just back off and shut up you may actually be able to take the time to get what you want
    luvbug3990

Answer by luvbug3990 at 11:18 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know that's their job so I just politely tell them I'm just looking and if I have questions I'll find them.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I've gotten to be middle aged and far less patient. I used to put up with it. Now days, if one starts to act that way I look straight at them and say "I have been polite and told you I was not interested or I will find you when I'm ready. If you do not immediately stop, I will immediately leave your store" It woprks pretty well.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:53 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I went to best Buy to get a computer and the guy was trying to convince us we should buy another computer and did all the way up until we paid for it. he lost.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:56 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Yeah, there's something about Best Buy. They insisted on trying to sell me hot spots, when I have returned them, because they don't work out in the boondocks at all and we now have highspeed internet that works.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:11 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Hate pushy sales people. I don't like those little stores where you walk in and they are on you.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• YES!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Haven't had any problems at any Best Buys here in MN. They are laid-back.
    I do remember that we were shopping for living room furniture at a store in Fayetteville,NC about 25 years ago and a woman sales person followed us constantly. She was following closely behind my son... ( he was about 12 ) so he stopped walking really quickly ( on purpose...LOL )and she ran right into him...she was so embarassed she stopped following us. LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:39 PM on May. 16, 2011

• guess im mean i just act like they arent there from the beginning
    melianne

Answer by melianne at 10:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Tried that,they just follow me around.

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on May. 16, 2011