Bad diaper rash!

Okay so my 2 year old has the worst diaper rash! it'll look like it's getting better and then break out in blisters again it's been going on for about 2 weeks nothing I've used has worked! Should I take her in or is there anything they can even do?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 8:52 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wash with warm soapy water after every pee/poo for 24 hours. After each one, put polysporin on and then plain cornstarch. If you start tonight you can skip going in.
    Anonymous

• If it has been going on that long I would take her in. They can give you a prescription strength cream to help it heal.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• 2 weeks.. i'd just take her in...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 9:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I use a&d ointment, not cream. Ds has blistering poops once in a while, and his butt would be 95% better by the next diaper change.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• my son had a horrible diaper rash one time when he was sick. Cornstarch was the only thing that helped! I would clean him up as gently as possible and then put on some cornstarch. It keeps it dry instead of moist. Hope it gets better soon!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 9:28 PM on May. 16, 2011

• make sure you are completely drying the area after cleaning it.. then add vasiline.. then corn starch. You have to change diapers every hour or after every time she goes. even after a little bit. you have to continue doing so until gone.. and then maybe for another day or two after to be sure it's gone.
    if it doesn't start to clear up in 3 days call the doctor.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:36 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It depends on what the diaper rash is from. It could be from the heat, maybe having poops full of acid, a virus, etc. I would probably take my son in. What do the blisters look like ? They don't look like little pimples, do they ?? I say if you aren't wanting to take your child to the dr. just yet - I'd try maalox and aquaphor mixed together. Literally, smoother her/his bottom in it. It will help the poops are full of acid. If the diaper rash looks like little pimples, take him/her to the ER if you can't get in to the dr. asap & DO NOT POP THEM, PLEASE! I would also make sure you keep her/his bottom clean, but not damp though. Maybe let him/her run around w.o a diaper for a bit ? Let the rash get some air. I did that with my son when he had his MRSA break outs. It was only for like 10 minutes at a time tho and I kept a close eye on him like I entertained him, so he wasn't just running around the whole house. good luck
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 9:38 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Change the type of diapers. My daughter randomly started breaking out all over her bottom and nothing I did could fix it. I used huggies and I decided to switch to pampers and the rash has been gone since. Im not saying anything bad against huggies but I think her skin just didnt feel 'hugged' enough? lol... bad joke... Hope this helps.

~Syl~
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 4:02 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Constantly keep the diaper area clean, diaper free while at home, and A&D ointment. This could be a good time to potty train as well!
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 2:17 PM on May. 18, 2011