Another C-section Question

How long is the actual surgery? They are doing a tubal with it but she said thats just an extra 5 minutes. How long will I be numb from the spinal?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 9:01 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when i had my second csection i was in the or from 742am to about 830 and thats with the tubal. i was numb for about an hr after that.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• for me the surgery and my tubal took about 30 min total with sewing time. the sewing be the longest! They turned my spinal down to where I could feel my legs for the most part but was NOT able to walk for 12 hours. then they gave me an oral pain pill and removed the urinary catheter and the spinal catheter.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:03 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i was in surgery for about an hour but im a pretty big girl so there was excess cutting to do..the numbness from surgery went away the same night and the pain set in lol..but my left butt cheek was sore for at least a month but it was numb feeling
    Anonymous

• I couldn't believe how fast the surgery was, although I didn't have a tubal. I think it was like 20 minutes once they made the first cut.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:07 PM on May. 16, 2011

• because I was still getting the pain meds from the spinal catheter. It just wasn't so high I was numb. I could sit up and move my legs around and feel everything for the most part just wasn't in any pain at all.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:10 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My 2nd csection I din't get a tubal but they did remove a cyst from my ovary. Took only a few minutes after they took my son out. But like PP said, sewing back up took the longest but still not too long. Recovery is a pain. I had 2 and the 2nd seemed worse. don't know if it was because of the extra procedure or just me but still wasn't too bad.
    Good luck momma, youll be fine
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• But Mommie, Why wasn't you able to walk for 12 hrs??
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 9:08 PM on May. 16, 2011