How to deal with the bully kid next door

I'm the neighborhood Mom/referee...I love it most days. I have 4 kids 16,9,7,5. My house is always full of kids & I want it that way. I like to know everything about my kids & their friends. If the kids are at my house I know they are safe & loved. I'm always friendly Even if I don't really care for the kids parents. I treat every child the same as I would my own. So if your child is being fresh I will ask her/him to take a time out or go home for the rest of the day. It seems to be I'm asking this 1 little boy age 5 & his sister age 9 to go home for the day a lot. These 2 kids are just nasty to the other kids. They make other kids feel bad after playing with them. They turn other kids against each other. Many of the parents have voiced their concerns to these kids moms but the mother feels her kids are just being kids. I don't care for that term so much. I have learned that the girls dad told her if anyone hits her brother "she better beat the Sh*t out of them". I over heard her say to a 6 yr old girl that her cloths were ugly & her mom was poor so she shouldn't play with her. She told another little boy (who has Aspergers) that he was stupid & ugly. These 2 kids stress me out. This family lives next door to us, same dance class, school,same sports,ect....My 7 yr old is the latest victim of this vicious girl. I asked this girls mom to keep her from my house for a week to teach both girls they need to know how to be better friends. While I was speaking to her mom the child interrupted saying said I was liying she was pumping her fist ,making angry snorting sounds & yelled out my kids are going to be sorry I messed with her...Her mom told her not to think about it & that some people think it's ok to get in their kids business. She was ok with her kid calling me a lier & on top of it the mom started verbally attacking me. Her child then started telling the whole school my girl wets the bed. Next day she says anyone who is my kids friends is looking for an ass whooping ect. the list go's on. Yesterday the child hit me when I told her she had to go home and then stood at the end of my driveway yelling at all the kids. So I asked her to leave and her mom sent another older child over to tell me if I say another word to her kids I'm going to be in a world of hurt. Today(the mom) she send her son over asking my 5yr old to play. REALLY what go's threw people minds? how do I handle a neighbor like this I own my house so moving is not an option

supermommyone

Asked by supermommyone at 9:09 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• in my opinion i would just tell them all to stay away in the nicest way possible and if she didnt respect that get a officer to tell her honestly thats what it comes down to now at days ppl grown or not just dont know how to act
    mom2-6mineNhis

Answer by mom2-6mineNhis at 9:13 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Honestly it sounds like its the parents who are giving these children a bad example. I'd call CPS to express your concern for their mental wellbeing. Not sure they can do anything but perhaps its worth a try. I also would not be allowing them back at your house at all ever again!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:16 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I agree that it might be time to get an officer involved. It seems like you have tried multiple, perfectly reasonable things...but some people are just trashy. You can't reason with trash. It is sad for the kids to be raised that way, but it is what it is.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• bump
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:24 PM on May. 16, 2011

• The kids are that way because of the parent, and that is very sad. Good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i would not allow those children over and talk to the police about options for a restraining order.. these kids are unstable. and their mom is no different.. if that was my kid she'd definitely get a talking to and would NOT be allowed to use that kind of language
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:43 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It sounds like the kids are mouthy, rude, out of control and basically --- brats. It also sounds like the parents are not good role models and are not 'parenting' the children and teaching them how to act, behave, mind and get along with others. If it were me I would tell both kids and mom that they are no longer allowed at my house, and no longer allowed to play with my children. I'd also tell the mom that she had better not threaten me (the 'world of hurt' comment) or she will find a few police officers on her doorstep in 15 minutes! (I would not hesitate to call the cops on her). I think you should talk to a lawyer or the police and find out what you can do (w/in the law) about these nasty people, and find out what your legal rights are. That way you can tell her she will be hearing from your lawyer (or the police) and maybe the threat of the law or legal action will make them back off and leave your family alone.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:03 AM on May. 17, 2011

• I would just continue to tell the kids they can't come over and play with your kids until they change their behavior. If the children hit you or your kids and continue to set foot on your property contact the authotities. I wonder what goes on in their home when others are not around that they are so aggressive and hateful at such young ages. Good luck.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 11:12 AM on May. 17, 2011

• this situation spiraled out of control & I don't want it to get worst. I hoped it would blow over, it's not This girl told everyone @ their school that my 7 yr old wets the bed. my kid's embarrassed .The only thing school could do was to keep her in @ recess & change her seat on the bus. a friend in law enforcement to sat with all of us & the mother said to F off kids will be kids. & the friend said he can't do much. I didn't put my kids into baseball because that means1 more activity together, we will be missing out on swim at the Y because they take lessons there.Seems everywhere we go they are there. we live in a city but it's very townie & the circle of friends are the same. While at dance last wk the girl told everyone if their friends with my kid they can't be her friend. The circle of friends feelstuck in the middle. I won't let this girl over my house even if it blows over some day.

supermommyone

Comment by supermommyone (original poster) at 9:47 PM on May. 17, 2011