Any fun ideas for bored kids?

For about 3 to 4 hours a day my children are forced to be on their own. Well I am here supervising and caring for them, but I am not able to play with them or take them outside. The reason being is that I take online classes; I'm in the process of finishing school to get my high school diploma. I leave them in their room with the t.v. toys and I get up every 30 hours to get them what ever elso they may need. But I hate the fact that they are left in their room and after a while they get bored. And it is a bit fusterating when I am doing class wrk or finishing up an essay and they come in my room and start crying and fighting. I understand where they are coming from, but I really need to get my school work done. I just need some helpful hints to help get my children through this. I still have another yr of school left and I think if my children grow even border they'll explode.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 9:28 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I ment 30 minutes half hour sorry.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 9:29 PM on May. 16, 2011

• They both are under 2?? If so you should count your blessing that you even get 30 minutes peace.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• What ages are both (or all) of them?
    SonyaNaomi

Answer by SonyaNaomi at 9:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• trust me honey we know what you meant and how old are they?
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 9:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• With school almost over, you could hire a young girl to help care for them a few hours a day. they could be brought to the park, take walks, or have someone else there to help entertain and care for them while you study. Good Luck....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• try color wonders the markers that only mark on certian paper.
    so you dont have to worry as much as you would regulary.
    sit them down where you can see but not so much are next to them. theyll stay busy for atleast 30 minutes.
    if not more my daughter loves to color it works for me sometimes.

and just sit them where they cant reach others colors or paper each should have their own.
    kodijean

Answer by kodijean at 9:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• One is two and the other is three, Thx for the marker idea they love coloring, I wish I could pay for someone to come and stay with my children but I don't have the money since my fiance is the only one that wrks.
    styhmMommy

Comment by styhmMommy (original poster) at 9:51 PM on May. 16, 2011

• oh do i know the feeling.
    kodijean

Answer by kodijean at 10:57 PM on May. 16, 2011

• How about doing your online work during their naptime, or after bedtime? Thats when I do my online school work. Hope this helps.

~Syl~
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 3:46 PM on May. 17, 2011

• Can you break up the day and do it an hour at a time so that they have your attention and then they are left to independant play instead of 3-4 hours alone? Rotate toys so that every day there are different toys to play with. Not new ones, but take away the less played with stuff and in a few weeks it will be like lost treasure. If you don't have alot of toys already perhaps get some new flea market finds or second hand store. Turn the room in the morning into a new place by moving furniture, throwing down seat cushions, building a tent with the kitchen chairs or bring their mattresses down to make a movie theatre. Give them a bunch of socks and tell them you want to see a puppet show in thirty minutes about a princess and a dragon.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:21 PM on May. 17, 2011