Go to the movies or wait for the DVD

Which do you do, go to the movies to see something or wait until the DVD comes out?

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 9:34 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Entertainment

• With movies $14 per person - for 2D! - and matinees still $10 and ending at 2pm, we usually wait for the DVD! We go to maybe 2 or 3 movies a year.

For the kids it's maybe one new release movie a year, but a bunch during the summer movie series at the theater.

I <3 Netflix.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:37 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It's been around 7 years since I have been to the movies. We always wait until it comes out on DVD. it just cost to much to go to the movies and most of the time I can find the dvd at the library. Renting it is free and we get it for seven days. Sometimes I have to wait a week or two after it comes out before I can get it, but free is free :-D.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:42 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It depends on the film. If it's something that has great visuals, we might go to see it on the big screen. Also, just before the awards season, we sometimes go to see the films with multiple nominations; or if a movie has a lot of buzz we'll go see it. Beyond that, we often wait for it to come to cable, or maybe rent it.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• We usually wait for Netflix. We'll buy the DVD if it's something that will get watched a lot, but otherwise, it's Netflix.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:00 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Since having my little girl I have to wait until the dvd comes out, it is frustrating but it beats the alternative. I use to love to go to the theatre though and as soon as she is old enough to sit through one, we will be going back to doing that.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:08 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It depends on the Movie
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:29 PM on May. 17, 2011

• I eventually buy the DVD after a while I go to movie stop and get it used!
    onemellowmom

Comment by onemellowmom (original poster) at 10:02 PM on May. 16, 2011