PLEASE HELP!!

Im about 5 weeks preg and went to the bathroom a few mins ago and i was spotting with a little bit of cramping im so worried cause earlier today i was at work and lifted something a little heavy and now this I pray everything is ok is this something that happens? I have 3 other children and never had this happen....

cmwillo

Asked by cmwillo at 9:35 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I cramped for the first 11 weeks.

It sounds like you may have just overdid it. Take it easy for awhile. If the spotting starts to turn into a flow, call the doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:44 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know its ok to bleed a little, but the cramping would concern me & so would the bleeding every situation is different. I would go to your Dr. asap. Gl to you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• bump
    sarasmommy777

• It would make me nervous, too, although they say that sometimes a little bit of spotting is normal especially if there isn't any cramping or other symptoms. Call, and ask what they would like you to do for reassurance and to be doubly sure.

Also, they have always told me that if your body was used to doing things like the lifting, twisting, bending, etc before you were pregnant, it is typically safe to continue it once you are pregnant. There are a lot of women who don't even know they're pregnant yet at this point in pregnancy and continue to do worse, so hopefully everything is just fine and this worry is for nothing. I would call, but try to stay calm.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:45 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Bleeding is normal, it could be implantation. What sounds concerning is the cramping. Although cramping is also normal, together it could be a problem. Definatly call your doctor and see what they want you to do. Good luck, you will be in my thoughts.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:50 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thanks I'm just stressed about it all
    cmwillo

Comment by cmwillo (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I would go to the ob just to be sure. Bleeding can be normal, it happened to me after my DH and I had sex but then everything was fine. It is always a good idea to be checked, especially early in pregnancy. I will say prayers that all is just fine.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:06 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Spotting as in a little bit of blood or brown old blood? I usually spot early on in each of my pregnancies. If the cramping gets more severe or the bleeding gets worse, go see a dr.
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 10:50 PM on May. 16, 2011