ok so for the past 6 months i have been experencing sleep paralysis! its soooo scary! i can't tell if i'm awake or dreaming, i feel paralized and often hallucinate! i feel like someone is in the room with me or when hallucinating some one is usually standing over me and i can't move or talk! i have not seen a doctor yet about it, i figured it would just go away. how do i stop this?!?

sleep paralysis, night terrors,

scarletsm0m

Asked by scarletsm0m at 2:03 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Health

• GO SEE A DOCTOR! Totally not worth sacrificing your mental well being! You are experiencing almost the same thing that people who claim that they have been abducted by aliens. The thing is that your body goes into a paralyzed state during REM sleep, but yet awaken while they are in REM sleep so they cant move but they are awake but not awake! I would definitly talk to a doc that sounds really scary, and how much longer can you live like that!
    amber91580

Answer by amber91580 at 3:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I have had night terrors for years. This stuff is hard to get rid of. You might be in it for the long hall. But! It could be an anxiety disorder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• See the doctor sweetie. They do have meds out there to help.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 8:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You're going to think I'm nuts, and I've never personally had the experience, but it sounds like it might be paranormal. Just a suggestion. My SOs friend experienced something like this and that's what it was. Just a suggestion.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• GO SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!! This doesnt sound normal to me in any way shape or form. Good luck! And I hope you feel better!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• yes, could be paranormal, ....what is your faith? i have seen 3 cases like yours, and experienced this once myself, i dont think its medical,
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 6:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• hey my bf suffers from really bad sleep disorders. he hasnt ever gone to the doctors but i am always going on the internet to see what he does is normal. He too wakes up at night almost every night and hilusinates. It use to scare me but i got use to it. He says its stress but he has always had anxioty or is always paranoid. i tell him to go see a doctor but he wont. hopefully you find some answers. are you having night terrors or is do you really see things in the room?
    xTarax

Answer by xTarax at 9:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• i have seen some paranormal shows... i don't know what to think about it. i do believe in spirts. this mostly happends in the middle of the night usually when i'm sleeping or have been sleeping, its hard to say because i feel fully awake! i am not really religious but i believe in a higher power. i have had night terrors since i was little. i would sleep walk and talk. i would wake up screaming or even sometimes with my shirt on backwards or off completly (and have no memory of it.) my friends were really creeped out by it because they would say they would wake up and i would be sitting up but still sleeping mumbling stuff (i haven't done that in a long long time though and it only happend about 3 times). it creeps me out too.
    scarletsm0m

Answer by scarletsm0m at 10:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My son suffers this, Does it happen if your on your back or side ? He is alway's face up when it happens" Thats what I noticed, I saw him have an episode the other night, It freaked me out, But he was face up ! His eyes were rolling and he was murmuring, I knew then what was going on ! I yelled his name a couple of times and he said " I heard a voice and BOOM I couldnt move" It pinned me down ! Then he started seeing stuff moving and he was wide awake, He said the pic's are moving and I looked at them and said No they arent he said "when you looked it stopped". So I wonder since he was wide awake if it is something else myself, It has been going on for years he is 21 now, This topic is so contraversial, I think it is something science cant even pin point They dont know why more then one person in the room can suffer an attack as well.
    texas_salsa

Answer by texas_salsa at 1:43 PM on Aug. 10, 2008