Best way to potty train a toddler?

She will sit on the potty with the pull up still up...or tell you after she goes?

FayMeek

Asked by FayMeek at 9:58 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I hear that if u put them in regular underware and let them feel it, they wont like the feeling and u take them straight to the bathroom when it happens to show them where they should go potty. My mom did that with toddlers, it worked.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 10:01 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I bought The Potty Movie and book and my daughter loves them. It has really helped me. They are designed for either a boy or girl. Just google it and I am sure you will find it. Sounds like you already have a good start. Just be patient and don't push her, the pediatrician says that they all do it at a different time. Hope that helps.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:02 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Lol, I let my girls be old enough to start the transition themselves. One daughter was almost 3 before she was potty trained and the youngest was around 1 1/2 years. The youngest wanted to be like her older sisiter and the older sister wasn't interested in being on anyones time but hers. I showed her what it was, made it a habit to go sit there a few times a day and then she eventual started on her own. Pushing is rediculous. They won't be in diapers in grade one even if you didn't do anything to "train" them
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 10:04 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I just take DD to the bathroom with me and out her in regular underwear. She's getting the hang of it but it's slow going.
    Survivor6388

Answer by Survivor6388 at 11:02 AM on May. 17, 2011