19-20 weeks...am I freeking out for no reason?

So, I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown. I felt fine, everything has been fine so far...but I have been paranoid that I'm not big enough yet...and people are still telling me "you don't look pregnant, you just look bloated"...which was fine a few weeks ago...but I am freaking out. The biggest thing is that I felt he first quickening 3 weeks ago and I have only felt movement maybe once since. I am starting to panic.
Is this normal? This is my second time doing this, but I did suffer 2 miscarriages (early) in the past 2 years so I am SO scared...my husband is being a total jerk about my upset...I just need to know what others are experiencing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• nobody can really tell i'm pregnant either and i'm 23 weeks
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:07 PM on May. 16, 2011

• It sounds like you are freaking yourself out. Some do not show as early as others. Even with my 4th child I was not showing until 5 months. Hate to say it but your husband is right.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:07 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i didnt get big untill like 25 weeeks, no one could even tell ( ive had a MC too).. im 36 weeks now, and people will still be like wow your 36 weeks? ur little .... dont worry!!!
    just try to relax, i know its hard
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 10:09 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I know...I had a miscarriage and when I got pregnant again,I was constantly worried until about 28 weeks. It does matter so much that everything goes well after having a miscarriage. It is a huge disappointment and loss wheh you have a miscarriage......but don't worry. It will be fine! :-) Congratulations!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:11 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am sorry to hear that your DH is being a jerk about it. We are especially sensitive when we are pregnant anyway. I can understand your fears having had a miscarriage the first time around myself. But, it isn't good for either you or the baby to get too worked up over things. I didnt' get big until I was in my third trimester and then I really ballooned. I think everyone is just different that is all. So, take a deep breath and try not to worry. Talk with your OB about your concerns on your next check up if you are still concerned by then. Take care.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:12 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I think you are just worrying too much after having miscarried before...completely understandable to be nervous, but perhaps irrational LOL

I think the quickening was right on track time-wise, and it takes quite a while for the movement to be regular and predictable.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:15 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I wasn't aware I was even pregnant until I was 19 weeks. I didn't show at ALL until after 22 weeks. I had NO symptoms.

My son is now 15 years old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 PM on May. 16, 2011

• When i was pregnant with DD i barely showed and when she started moving i went through a period of not being able to feel her scared me so badly i called my midwives and they told me to sit down take a breath and if i was scared go in and get checked out it turned out that my daughter had shifted so she was kicking towards my back but when i got to the ER they told me they would rather see a woman every day who was scared then wait for a tragedy and as for your husband tell him to back off your fears are legitimate and he needs to stand with you i'm sorry you're going through this i hope everything is fine please keep us informed
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 10:47 PM on May. 16, 2011

• I am on my third baby and didn't really show until 25 weeks. Everyone shows differently.
    Acook331

Answer by Acook331 at 10:49 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Thank you all so much...this actually REALLY makes me feel better. I think I DO look pregnant and I do if I'm wearing the right clothes...but people still say things like "you don't even look pregnant" and it messes with my head! WHY do people think that's a GOOD thing to say???
    Sigh...I will just be happy when I start FEELING more. Than I'll be fine.

THANK YOU!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on May. 16, 2011