Breastfeeding?

ok soo im plaing on breastfeeding but i had sum questions. like how do u know when 2 change breast? or when baby is full? nd do i need 2 get sum kinda cream 4 my breast so it wont get itchy nd cracked? cuz i heard u dont need cream nd ive heard that u do. and juss tell me anythin else u think will be helpful thank u

Alicia0619

Asked by Alicia0619 at 10:12 PM on May. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• Use lanisoh cream to avoid cracked nipples. Switch breasts w every feeding at first. Baby will stop eating when full (but he might want to eat again very soon after). Join one of the breastfeeding groups on here- they can give a lot of helpful advice.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:20 PM on May. 16, 2011

• thank u
    Alicia0619

Comment by Alicia0619 (original poster) at 10:21 PM on May. 16, 2011

• Let baby eat off of one side until he pulls away on his own. Next feeding, you can offer the other breast.

Best thing is to get some of the milk on your nipple and let it air dry. Lanisoh is best after that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:23 PM on May. 16, 2011

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:25 PM on May. 16, 2011

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 PM on May. 16, 2011

• When your baby stops nursing on one side, switch to the other.
    When baby doesn't want to nurse on either - she's full.

And get yourself some Natural Nipple Butter from Earth Mama Angel Baby.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on May. 16, 2011

• i went to a breastfeeding class the props the instructor used for a babies tummy were really nice

the baby will stop sucking or pull away when its full

how do you know when to change breast? the one the baby is feeding from will get soft and the one not fed from will be kinda "tense" in a way

you dont have to get a cream, i have one but it came with a sample pack and i use it now ill probably run out by the time my sons here

if you can, look for a free intro to breast feeding class they are really helpful to show how to do proper latch (they show pictures) how big the babies tummy is (approximately) and if you get the right class they should had out a booklet that has different positions for breastfeeding and numbers to call if you have problems

Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 10:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• First you let baby eat until they are full on one side and then switch to the other and let them get their fill. Some prefer to only eat off one side at a time especially in the beginning. Next session start on the side you ended on last time. I used a scrunchy on my wrist to remind me which side to start with. Some doctors and nurses will give horrible misinformation so please find a lactation consultant or local La Leche League and get some reliable info. As for the cream I never needed it, but some do. I used to put some milk on it after babe was done and let it air dry if at home.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My nipples were so sensitive that I had to have a cream prescribed by the Dr. After a feeding I would apply the cream, it would numb my breast, taking away the pain from the feeding, then I would have to wash my nipples off prior to the next feeding.

Know that breast feeding is NOT always easy--I cried every day from the pain for the first month. Now it's better.
    Anonymous

• best advice is to stick with it and get help if you need it. get a pump too, it will help if you have flat nipples, the first month is always the hardest! and while you are in the Hospital, ask for lots of help and if they have a lactation consultant, USE THEM! Good luck momma!
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 11:54 PM on May. 16, 2011