What colors are your girl(s) rooms?

I am soon going to be decorating my daughter's rooms and have been pondering some colors... I was thinking my 2 year old's room may be a plum or cranberry with grey accents, and the baby's room a peachy-pink

Thanks for your suggestions or your actual room colors. :)

Alicia10-2-08

Asked by Alicia10-2-08 at 10:15 PM on May. 16, 2011 in Home & Garden

• One is pink and the other is purple
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My daughter's room is yellow, purple, and white.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:19 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My 3 yo DD is in the nursery, still. We haven't repainted. It is white wainscoting to the chair rail, with a light green upper wall and white crown molding. There is a border with zoo animals above the chair rail; the green is from that border. She has cherry furniture.

My 6 yo DD has a room similar to the nursery - no wainscoting or crown molding, but white wall to the white chair rail, with a soft yellow upper wall. The border is right above the chair rail and is bugs and flowers. The yellow is pulled from that border. She has white furniture.

I think both of your color palettes sound beautiful. Beware of darker colors making rooms look smaller (but if her room is huge it might make it feel less cavernous).
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:22 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My teen DD's room is mostly decorated in various shades of red and orange. She picked out a bold bedding set with these colors, then we did windows and walls to complement. She chose a pretty silky red and auburn print sahri fabric for the windows, and we painted 2 huge horizontal stripes ( in red and gold) around the center of the room. She has just a couple of accents in a bright lime green.

BRUNKRISSLA Duvet cover and pillowcase(s) red Duvet cover length: 86 " Duvet cover width: 86 " Pillowcase length: 20 " Pillowcase width: 30 "  Duvet cover length: 218 cm Duvet cover width: 218 cm Pillowcase length: 51 cm Pillowcase width: 76 cm

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:33 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My dd s room is light pink on top, and a dark pink on the bottom. We have molding in the middle to separate the two colors.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• My DDs room is hot pink with big white polka dots. And her furniture is a pale natural wood and white.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:46 PM on May. 16, 2011

• my 4 year old's room is turquoise, with white trim. she has hot pink curtains, and colorful floral bedding which includes the turquoise, hot oink among other bright colors.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 1:23 AM on May. 17, 2011

• if i could do it over, i would have chosen a lighter shade of blue.
    Kainalu55

• 1 daughter and her room is purple and yellow with white trim.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:12 AM on May. 17, 2011

• My daughters room has butterfly wallpaper. Its very cute, it was int here when we bought our house!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:38 AM on May. 17, 2011